Chapter Twenty-Eight [Cause and Effect]

"So, do you want the narco or no? I can walk down the street and find someone who would buy it for that price," Cedric's voice was serious as he stared down the dark-haired girl who was standing in front of us.

I had agreed to go with him as back-up, but I was ready to speak to Cam after the events that went down earlier. I was worried about him.

The girl panicked at the thought of Cedric leaving.

"No, no. Sixty-five for four... I can do that," she said, digging around in her purse for the money.

I tilted my head in her direction as she stopped searching through her purse.

"I...I don't have the money," she whispered, watching Cedric.

Cedric dangled the four little white pills in the bag in front of her.

"Looks like I will be taking that trip down the street then, girl," he said, his dark eyes on her face.

"What if I you know, suck your dick for it?" she offered.

I turned to look at her again.

People would do anything to get drugs these days. They craved it so badly they would give their body away for it.

Cedric seemed to think for a moment. He touched his fingers to his lips and glanced up at the sky.

"Man, it would be nice to have my dick sucked by a cute little white bitch..." he said, glancing at me with a teasing smile.

I chuckled at him, but I knew he wouldn't do it. He wanted the money. He was just toying with her.

"Please... I will do it right now. Your friend can watch," she said, glancing at me.

Damn. A few months ago, I would have taken that offer without a blink, but now it just disgusted me. I didn't have any interest in the situation. I had who I wanted at home.

"Your offer is quite temping baby girl, but my homie and I are going to have to turn it down. These four little pills are coming with me," Cedric mumbled, motioning for me to follow him.

We walked past the girl who was whining. Our shoulders brushing together.

"Please," she begged from behind us

Cedric laughed.

"You have my number whenever you find that money, girl," he said as we rounded the corner.

We left her there with nothing. Cedric shoved the pills back into his pocket and looked at me.

"Spence. I might have to start taking you along with me more often. Got bitches offering to suck dick now," he said, rubbing his hands together before breathing hot air in between them.

"Bro, you don't know where her mouth has been. She offered to you, she offers to every brother she buys from," I said, raising an eyebrow.

Cedric shuddered at the thought.

"That's true, my man," he said as he glanced out in front of him.

The silence between us was nice, but it didn't last very long.

"I'm sorry about Cobi... I didn't realize he was a snitch," he whispered.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't think anyone did. He was an old member. He knew the rules. Everyone trusted him, but sometimes people are selfish," I said, my eyes flashing to his face.

"Yeah, bro but he didn't have to put a target on your back. You've already been through the pit and that was enough torture to last you a life time I'm sure," he said, his face frowning.