On the run...or walk.

Warnings for this chapter!

-Scar mentions

-Torture mentions

-I am not nice to Roman and I am sorry- I swear he's my favourite- 

-Remy is being a great boyfrie- I mean friend...

—————

"So you're trying to tell us that... Dr Picani the sweet bubbly man who was trying to help us get you two superpowers and nearly killed you." Remy asked a still stoic Logan. They had walk for miles after Roman had gotten back to them and now, as it was nightfall, they had settled down for the night, Logan and Remy by one tree and everyone else by another. 

"Well actually I had the sense and the means to escape before it came to that, however Roman was not so fortunate." They both looked over to Virgil and Patton chatting whilst Roman slept between them, "He has told me where the facial scars have come from, as well as the neck ones. As for the ones on his wrists and ankles, he has not, but I can imagine." 

"Where did they come from?" Remy turned to Logan, furrowing his eyebrows.

"The ones surrounding his mouth were from a gag placed there to stop him from making any noise, you know what he did when we were separated?"

"Scream?" 

"Yes, well they didn't want him doing that."

"And the other one?" Remy wasn't sure if he wanted to know.

"A shock collar, to control him I suppose." Now that he said it, Logan realised how animalistic it sounded.

"Jesus. I am not letting him out of my sight like- ever again."

"I believe that the feeling is mutual," Logan said and then even quieter, "...if not for the same reasons."

—————

"Do you really believe them Pat? I mean superheroes?! I can't be the only one who finds that crazy..." Virgil spoke in a screaming whisper, partly not to wake Roman, partly so the others wouldn't hear.

"We've got to trust them Virge, if we don't then where does that leave us? Where would we go?" Patton tried to calm the other down with his words.

"I know, I know but- something just seems off. I can't have you getting hurt." Virgil said.

"I can take care of myself." Patton reaches to comb his hands through Roman's hair only to jolt back upon the contact, "Agh!"

"What... What is it?!" Virgil jumped.

"Nothing, I'm fine now it's just..." Patton reaches back out towards the sleeping boy and rested his hand there again. 

All of a sudden a flash of throbbing pain went through Pattons mind, he was scared and stressed and angry and sad all at the same time, he heard shouting and heard himself-or someone else, he couldn't tell- screaming and...

"Pat what's wrong?" Virgil was back in his view, having grabbed Patton's hand and yanked it away from where it was shaking on Roman's head. 

"I-I don't know." The two boys resting the other side of the clearing crawled over to inspect what was happening. "But I know something's wrong."