𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊//??

Watching him as he scans the living room from the crack in my door, staring at my door so long that I begin to question if he saw me. This happens so often now. After he thinks I go to bed, he'll wait a few minutes and then everything goes silent. The tv is turned off, all of the lights are off, and I don't see him for the rest of the night.

Worst thing that could happen is him sneaking out at night and doing some sketchy stuff. Wait no, he wouldn't do that. Just man up and go out and look.

After pepping myself up for a few more seconds, I open my door and run out to the living room as fast as possible. All the lights are out, so it's kind of hard to see. Turn the lights on then you idiot.

Nothing. Everything is just as I left it. I walk further down the hall, towards his room, which the door is open of may I add. No reason to knock right? Right.

He's..not in here. But the window is open. I walk closer to it, stick my head out, and there he is. Lying on the edge of the roof, sleeping? This guy has always been a tad weird but, I don't think I've seen this before. In the midst of my stupor I guess I've made enough noise, cause he sits up and turns around.

"O-oh. Hi, I thought you were sleeping?" He's nervous. Why is he nervous.

"I was, but I randomly woke up, so I decided to look around. More importantly, why are you out here?"

Silence. He looks confused. Maybe he doesn't even know why he's out here.

"You know what? Never mind, I'm pretty tired. I'll see you in the morning." I walk away, back to my room, lock the door.

For the longest time I've come home to him crying, in so much distress that he doesn't realize I'm back. I've tried. I'm sorry. I don't want to drown in your darkness.