eleven

+*jackie*+

"hey guys," i say walking over to the group i've come to love the past couple weeks. "hey jackie," alvaro says as i sit next to kairi, who throws his arm around my shoulder. "hey, how'd you sleep?" kairi says looking over at me with a smile. "uh, couldnt really sleep," i say looking over at him, then glancing at alejandro, who was already staring at me from the other side of the table, making me look back at kairi quickly. "why?" he asks me, as i look over at alex, "i just had a lot on my mind," i say with a fake smile. "well, you can take a nap in our last class, i'll do your work for you," he says making me laugh. "you're too kind," i say smiling over to the boy i've come to like.

after a couple more minutes, the bell to dismiss us to our classes rings and we all stand up, "see you later," kairi says kissing the side of my head, hugging me and then walking off. i quickly walk off, not wanting alejandro to catch up with me. "goodmorning ms. mendoza, how are you?" my teacher asks as i walk inside the classroom, "good, how about you coach?" i ask back, noticing he has a seating chart posted at the front of the room. my breath hitches as i notice who i'll be sitting by, and who will be sitting infront of us. i take a seat in the back, desk twenty-two to be exact, and soon enough i feel the presence of the boy i know too well taking a seat next to me. soon enough, i hear a groan escape past the lips of the girl i also know all too well, then seeing her take a seat a couple seats infront of us.

"just great," i hear vic say as she looks back at the two of us, making me feel uncomfortable. "sorry about the seating chart class, my others were acting up," coach jackson says as he walks around the front of the room, eyeing everyone down. "im sad that this is what its had to come to but, it is what it is," he says, sitting ontop of his desk. "also, say hello to the person next to you, cause they'll be your partner for the rest of the year," he says, making me slide my head down onto the desk. after a lecture, we are given a worksheet to fill out with our new partners, which im not very excited about. "jackie... can we talk... please-" alejandro begins to say before i cut him off. "alejandro, please, can we just do the worksheet," i sigh, not wanting to talk to him about the situation.

"but jackie, come on, we gotta talk about it," he says as i feel his eyes burning into the side of my head. "alex, please, im begging you, lets just work on the paper, please," i say, looking over at the boy who i havent been able to talk to, yet alone look at, since i left his house yesterday. he sighs, giving in and helping me out with the paper. after we finish, i go turn in the papers and sit back down, opening my phone up, only for it to be snatched away by alejandro. "ale, give me my phone," i say, reaching over his desk in attempt to reach it. "not until you talk to me," he says, not budging. "what do you want me to say alejandro?" i whisper yell at the boy, trying not to make a scene. "i want you to tell me how you feel!" he says back, catching the attention of the two girls infront of us. "can i help you?" he says to the two, making them turn around.

"alex, how do i feel about what? the fact that you like me? or the fact that you lied to me and all your friends?" i say, looking back and forth between him and my phone. "i dont care, just say something, anything," he says turning to face me. "do you know how bad i felt after you left?" he says looking me in the eyes. "how bad you felt? how about how bad i felt?" i say looking over at him. "i literally told you i think im ready to become official with one of your best friends, and then you tell me you have feelings for me alex, and then to top it off, you lied to me about it too," i say resting my head in my hands. "im sorry for lying okay? i just didnt want it to be awkward," he says, trying to remove my hands from my face. "well you did the opposite of that, can you just give my phone back, please?" i ask him as he sighs, handing me back my phone. "we're not done," he says to me as put in my headphones, rolling my eyes and putting my head down, drowns in my thoughts.

.... well.... heres da update,,, also! i just published a new mattia book so go check it out 🙈🙈🙈 enjoy & don't forget to vote mwah