Daunting

We got a message that the governor wants to attack  us in a few days. Rick decided not to take Michonne to the governor. I think it was the best to keep her with us. She's strong and she knows how to take care of herself.

I woke up at 7:03. It was a little chilly this morning so I got dressed and slipped on a sweater. I walked out and skipped breakfast like usual. I walked outside to see everyone working. I walk up to Beth "Good morning." I said.

"Morning." She smiled while adjusting Judith.

"I'll take her for a bit." I said.

She nodded "Thank you." She passed Judith from her arms into mine.

"Hey beautiful!" I cooed while walking slowly around. Judith was smiling in my arms. She was the happiest baby I have ever seen. She's always smiling and laughing. She was wrapped in a yellow and pink blanket since it's chilly in the mornings. She is the future of this world if the governor doesn't ruin it all. I looked down at her little face thinking about everything the governor could ruin.

I then see Rick over by all our guns and supplies. I walk over with Judith securely in my arms. "Hey." I smiled.

"Hey beautiful girls. How are you both this morning?"

"I can't stop thinking about everything." I responded.

"Look" Rick started, "everything is going to be just fine. When he arrives we all go to the tombs with everything loaded. Then they won't know what hit them."

I smiled and passed Judith to Rick. He cooed at her as she smiled back at him.

•••

I was working with Carol and Beth when Glenn called us over.

"Michonne and Merle are gone."

"What?" I said with one eyebrow raised.

"We think he might have took Michonne to the governor." He said.

"What? We decided not to take her."

"Yeah but I guess no one told Merle."

"Shit!" I said while rushing outside. I saw Rick and ran over to him.

"What are we going to do now?" I asked.
"There's nothing we can do." He answered while looking off into the distance.

I looked now with my hands on my hips. Maybe he won't attack us then. But this is wrong, we can't just let her go. God knows what he's going to do with her.

It's been an two hours since they went missing. No sign of anything. Daryl was freaking out because of his brother. I was worried about if they were both okay and if they might at least come back.

Rick called us all outside. I ran out with everyone else. We saw Michonne with Merle behind her. Carl opened the cates and they ran through. They were both okay. "What were you two doing?" Rick asked.
"He tied me up and did something stupid trying to get me to the governor." Michonne scoffed and walked passed us not saying a word. "I thought it was a good idea but then I decided it was too risky." Merle raised his hands in a surrender gesture. "I'm with you guys."

I nodded my head. At least everyone's okay.

•••

It was the day of the attack. No sign of Andrea at all. Maybe she finally chose a side. We packed up all the cars so they think we left the prison. Carl didn't seem very happy at all. He threw a bag into the back of the car and stormed off. "Hey." I said while touching his shoulder.

"Leave me alone." He says while continuing to storm off. I heard something hit the floor as he walked off. I looked down and saw a police badge. It must have been Ricks. I tapped on Ricks shoulder and handed him the badge. "Carl dropped it. I don't know why he's acting this way."

"Thanks." He replied.

I nodded my head and talked to Beth about keeping an eye on Carl. Hershel, Beth, Carl, and Judith were going in the woods a bit farther away from the prison to be safe. We got everyone their guns and headed off into the tombs. Rick decide me I shined my flashlight ahead of us. He guided his hand to mine. We then looked hands as we walked deeper into the tombs with everyone behind us.

We all split up in separate places in groups. I was with Rick and Daryl. There were groups in every corner. We then felt the ground shake as a huge explosion went off. I was scared but I knew we could do this. We heard footsteps above us along with murmurs of people talking. I tightened the grip on my gun and looked at Rick. He nodded his head. He knew we could do this. We are strong enough.

We heard the tomb doors open. We waited until they got closer then Daryl threw smoke grenades and we all started shooting. They were coughing and surprised. They didn't know what was happened. I kept shooting along with everyone else. We were doing it. Soon all of them ran out the door and to the outside. It was silent, they left. We all met up with each other in the cell block and cheered. We did it.

Rick grabbed me by the waist and turned me around. His lips crashing into mine. I could feel everyone's eyes watching us in shock. The kiss wasn't like any other kiss. I felt alive and like I was flying. Everyone knew now. After what seemed like forever we broke apart and put our foreheads together. "We did it." I whispered.

"Yes we did."

(Edited)