Where is it?!

Dear Diary,

I feel so betrayed, my own blood turning against me for what? To impress a girl? Although, I am almost certain he is ashamed I am his sister, someone like me being the sister of someone like him, the disgrace he must feel. At least Luke was there to help me. Despite him saying things he shouldn't have said, despite our disagreement. He was still there for me, supported me when no one else was there. I am grateful for that. I am grateful for him.

"LAYLA!" I heard someone shout, I looked up at saw the teacher, Mr Smith, staring at me. I quickly closed my notebook. "Can you please tell me what I just said?" He asked.

"Uh, you said we have a quiz, about History World War 1 next Friday?" I slowly said constantly looking over at my classmates to see if I was right. "Yeah, that's right." I said unsurly.

"Very well miss Johnson, now, lets check if you were listening earlier in the lesson, shall we? Because from what I have seen you haven't been able to stop writing in that journal." He went silent for a second scanning his eyes around the class. "Miss Johnson, how did World War one start?"

The whole class looked over at me. "Uh.... Trade?" I asked.

The whole class burst out laughing. Luke gave me a look.

"TRADE?! TRADE STARTED WORLD WAR ONE?!" Mr Smith was getting really mad and agitated.

I looked down at the floor. "I'm not sure, sorry Mr Smith." I slowly said.

"I know!" I hated that voice and I didn't even look up know who said it.

"Yes Charlotte?" Mr Smith asked.

"It was the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand." She politely said.

"Very good Miss Charlotte." Mr Smith smiled at her whilst Charlotte smirked at me. "Layla, you need to be more like her!" Mr Smith strictly said. Then without warning, he went over to my desk and grabbed my journal.

"Hey!" I yelled "that's mine!" I was doing everything possible trying to grab the journal from him.

"Trust me, you will be thanking me soon enough!" Mr Smith said sternly.

"Please, I will do anything!" I begged.

I saw Luke stand up in the desk a few down from mine. "Mr Smith, don't you think it's a bit unreasonable for..." Luke was cut off to the sound of our teachers voice.

"ENOUGH!" Mr Smith yelled. "You all need to respect me. I am your teacher.... RESPECT ME!" He screamed.

I sunk in my seat. This was going to be a long day.

                                                                               *********

I was in the janitor closet, when I saw Luke go passed to his locker I quickly grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him in with me.

"What the hell?!" He asked when he saw me.

"Shh." I said as I closed the door.

"Layla, whats going on?"

"We, my friend, are going to break into Mr Smith's classroom and stead my journal back!" I quietly said although with enthusiasm.

"We? No you are going to go and steal your journal back and I am going to lunch." He sternly said.

"Please help me?" I begged.

He looked at me with a blank expression on his face.

"If we get caught...." He slowly said.

"We won't get caught! I promise!" I said happily, although I saw the unsure expression on his face. "Luke" I slowly said, "you have to trust me."

"Ok, ok, I trust you. But I swear if we get caught." He started. I put my hand over his mouth to stop him from talking.

"We will be fine." I said reassuringly. He nodded his head.

I grabbed his hand and left the closet.

We got to the teachers office and I got a bobby pin out of my messy bun then started fiddling with the door knob.

"Perfect!" I said as we finally got in, Luke followed close behind.
"This better be quick..." Luke slowly said.

"Yeah, yeah" I replied hushing him.

I was rummaging through the teachers desk and draws, until I found a posted note where my journal was meant to be.

"Too late Layla." I read out to Luke. He looked at me with a blank face.

"OH MY GOSH!" I yelled, "Charlotte already took my journal and is probably reading it out to the school right now!" I said, terrified of what she might read.

"Don't point fingers yet, you don't have proof its her." Luke slowly said.

"My proof is that I know she would do such thing." I said getting agitated. "SHE DECLARED WAR ON ME!" I yelled.

Luke looked at me blankly.

"And I'm not going to stand here and let her win." I started to calm down as I made my way out of the office. This little game she's playing has only just began.