《Ch.10》+ Dig.Art

_____________
~¤♡¤~
Chapter 10
 Seashore Tussle 
_____________

The tentacles slam against the water's surface and splashes Nelly and Spinel into the air where more long arms snatch them into a tight grasp. Spinel shivers in disgust at the feeling and tries to stretch out to keep from being in the slimy hold. The giant octopus gem finds her struggle weird as well and immediately flicks her toward the shore. 

"OOF! Mmm…." Spinel tumbles roughly across the sand and slides to a stop. She groans and turns onto her back, glancing up at the monster gem in slight fear. "Oh boy…." She had no idea what to do or think right now. Considering what happened to her this morning, it didn't help at all. 

You were also trying your best to get out of the tight grasp only to end up rolling your eyes as Nelly just laughs and giggles

"Spinel! There you ar- Oh whoa! What is going on now?!" Steven brings up his shield as half of the Crystal Gems show up with their weapons drawn. 

Spinel gets up and shake out the water and slime from her body, "Long story short, that THING showed up from underwater and grabbed (Y/n)." 

"YAY!" Nelly is thrown and somehow hitting directly into Spinel. Both falling to the ground yet again. "Hey guys! Its Morty!" Nelly states happily and points to the mutated gem. "He finally grew up." 

Everyone looks confused until they began to see the resemblance to the octopus from this morning. 

"How is that possible?" Pearl questioned. 

Garnet rushes toward the being, "Talk about it later! It still has (Y/n)! Hiya!" The reddish gem hops up each time a long arm is swung at her. She goes for a punch at the tentacle that you're wrapped in until another knocks her back. "Pearl! Amethyst!" 

Amethyst and Pearl noticed the knowing glance Garnet gives, "Got it!" Their hands are held together before they spin together and fuse. 

Spinel watches in fascination and remembers the first time she had seen the now larger gem woman. During one of Greg's concerts, the day Pearl had to get her memory back…..the day she felt…..left behind….

'Alone.' 

Spinel shakes her head, then sees Nelly looking at her with concern. 

Opal gracefully turns around while combining weapons to make a bow, she aims and shoots. The arrow of energy rushes to the glimmering shards on the mutated gem and split up. 

Unfortunately, the monstrous being was smart and put you in the line of fire. Your eyes widen and you cover yourself. 

Steven takes actions and throws a giant shield with all of his power, barely blocking the attack in a second. He pants, "This thing is a bit smarter, so we have to be careful and don't hit (Y/n)." Amethyst and Pearl unfuse while Steven comes up with a quick plan. "Spinel, I need you to get (Y/n) while we distract it. Hopefully enough until you take her."