Café pt.2

A/N: continuation of the previous one that was requested on tumblr, had so much fun writing that that it gave me an incredible push of inspiration. hope you enjoy ♡

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm careful as I walk with the plates of food in my hand towards one of the tables, paying extra attention to where I put my feet, not wanting to trip and fall.

I keep my hands steady, placing the plates in front of the family ordering them and smile at them, telling bon appetite before making my way back towards the back of the room where the waiters usually stand.

From the corner of my eyes I see a hand suddenly come up and wave hastily, but my coworker in front of me starts making their way there before I can even turn my head.

I finish my way and reach my standing spot, immediately leaning back against the wall to feel the cool surface on my back as I take a few deep breaths. My eyes close unintentionally as I relax for a few seconds.

"Y/N!" I hear a voice in front of me speak, startling me.

My whole body shakes as I open my eyes and focus on Adam, the other waiter whom I share the same shift today with.

"Yes?" I ask with wide eyes, not knowing what he wants, fearing the worst.

"There's someone at one of the tables who specifically asked for you. Can you?"

Confusion spreads through me as my eyes follow the direction his fingers discreetly point at. I see families, businessmen and a few couples lost deep in their love at the tables as my glance travels before I catch sight of the back of a man sitting at a table all alone, tapping his fingers against the wooden surface in what seems like nervousness.

Recognition takes over my mind and a smile appears on my face as I nod.

"Yeah, sure."

"Okay, tell me if I can help you with anything." He speaks and I nod once more, my gaze never leaving the man sitting alone.

I slowly take a few steps to reach his table, clearing my throat once there.

His head snaps towards me and I smile wide.

"Hi."

"Hi." Dave smiles back at me, fingers pushing the sunglasses on his face down a little so we can look into each other's eyes.

"What are you doing here?" The words slip through my lips before I can stop them.

"Well, I was thinking about eating something. You know, since we're in a restaurant." As his grin widens, a blush creeps on my face.

"Sorry. What can I get you?" I ask with a much more quiet and unsure voice than before.

"Actually, I would like to ask for your recommendation."

I take a deep breath to calm my swiftly beating heart and try to forget who I'm talking to and think like he's just an average person by looking at the table cloth instead of his face. This way I manage to list a few types of food I know (and have to know) without my voice cracking even once. As the last word I say resonates in the air, I glance back at him.

He's looking towards a different table further away in front of him, deep in thought for a single moment before he moves and his eyes land on me again.

"I want the same thing you'd order if you could right now."

I stare back at him as a few seconds tick by before raising my arms to scribble on my notepad.