Hind Legs

In the 6 to 10 weeks I had learned a lot about myself. For one, I'm a Bichon Frise. I have 4 brothers and sisters altogether, and my mother's name is Coconut. I have also learned that today my siblings I will be 'chosen.' That's what the lady who works at the pet shop (where I was, nervously waiting to be adopted) said. I wonder who's gonna adopt me, I think to myself. Well, that's what dogs do all the time anyway. Think to themselves. But boy, if I could talk, I'd say a few things that are certainly not rated G. Just sayin'. As soon as I become lost in thought, humans of all ages start to walk in. Be cute. Remember, you must out-cute the others. I start to wiggle my tiny little tail. But then I look behind me, and I see my brother already came up with that idea, and soon enough, a man in a white button-up shirt scoops him up and takes him home. Think, think, what can I do to be so adorable that could actually get me adopted... Then a lightbulb goes off. I start to get up on my hind legs and jump up and down. It seems to work. People gasp, and one woman actually cries. "That is so absolutely adorable!" Says a teen who takes a picture of me. The camera blinds me for a second, but I regain my vision after a moment."I'll take her. The little one that was dancing. She's so cute, I might die!" A woman chirps with excitement. Was she taking about me? She wants to take me? She picks me up very gently, and strokes my fur. It feels really good.