Baby's first Halloween

It was Halloween of 2019. Harry Potter sat with his husband, Draco Malfoy-Potter, in their living room. At 39, he was a handsome man. Their three children, Lily, James and Albus, were asleep upstairs. His parents’ ghosts were sat across from the two, smiling at them. “The kids have only gotten cuter.” James says softly, chuckling. “It seems like just yesterday, you were a baby… But that was 38 years ago now.” Harry nodded, smiling at his parents. “Yeah. Now, I have my own babies, and the world’s greatest husband…” He tried not to let the tears in his eyes fall, but was unsuccessful as he began crying. “It’s not fair… I grew up with Petunia! I should have gotten to grow up with you guys… Stupid Tom…” He buried his face in Draco’s shoulder as he began sobbing. Their fourth little one had decided to pop into existence and scare her daddies, so Harry himself was overly hormonal. Male pregnancy was extremely rare, especially in wizards, but of course Harry would be the one in a million to end up pregnant. He clung to his husband tightly as he cried, and Draco held him all the same. Lily shook her head sadly. She moved to the other couch and smiled as she pulled his hand into her own. “Harry, baby, I wished so much that I would be allowed to watch you grow up. Sadly, the fates didn’t deem it so. You’re going to be an amazing father, just as you have in the past.” Just then, there was a flash of lightning and all of the lights went out. All they heard was a muggle-story witch’s cackle and then they had all passed out, ghosts included.

When he woke up, Harry immediately rushed to the nearest trashcan and retched. His house was trashed completely, and his family was passed out. The two ghosts were no longer ghosts, but had bite marks on their arms and legs. Someone had attacked his family, he deduced. When he managed to wake everyone up, he heard little howls from upstairs. "The kids!" He rushed up the stairs, running like the Flash, a muggle comic he'd spotted in an old junk store in muggle London. When he got to the kids' room, he threw the door open and gasped. His babies were on all fours, howling at the full moon outside. The fur on their snouts was open wide to reveal razor sharp teeth, and their muzzles were filthy. “My babies, oh my gosh!” He got down on the floor and pulled them all close, the three beautiful, Snow white wolves immediately nuzzling him. He then felt a pain in his lower abdomen and winced. His first thought was that his baby was coming and he needed to rush to the hospital, but then he realized that with it being Halloween, and him having woken up the way that he did, it was likely that something had happened. With all the worry in his body, he didn’t notice that he was transforming into a Raven black wolf. He laid on the floor in misery, with his children surrounding him. He knew that he didn’t want his kids to see him in pain, so he very gently nudged them away, licking their heads to tell them that he was okay.

As soon as he heard the whimpering cries, his heart melted. His little girl had been born a wolf. Whoever had cast this spell, they had known what they would be doing to his family. They had all been turned into wolves. He pulled the small wolf into his stomach and allowed her to drink the milk provided, licking her head to clean her up. She was a beautiful little girl, with Black and White fur, almost making her look like Yin and Yang in one. She was his beautiful little puppy. After she was finished eating, he carried her down the stairs, setting her down beside her other father. She instantly curled into him, falling asleep. For a pup, she was rather small, even for a newborn. She barely weighed anything, probably due to the fact that she caused Harry to throw up anything he ate during the pregnancy.

Draco woke up to the feeling of a new warmth in his curled up body. When he looked down beside his furred body- wait, FUR?! When he looked at his body, he had been turned into a wolfish thing! He growled softly to himself, then closed his eyes to calm down. There had to be a reasonable explanation for all of this. Then he heard the cries of a Wolf pup. When he looked to where the warmth radiated, there was a small black and white pup curled into him, and Harry was just away from him, watching. Their little girl, Petunia Narcissa Potter, had arrived into the world. He gently licked her head, watching his sleeping mate. It was time for him to take watch, Harry had just given birth to a pup and needed rest in order to be healthy enough to feed her. He scooted her away from himself and stood, laying her beside her birthgiver.

It was interesting to be a father, and he knew that it was time for him to step it up. He straightened his back and yawned, then went to patrol the house in order to protect his family. When he got to the door, he began to growl, beginning to throw open the door with his muzzle to chase the one who’d done this to his family. It wasn’t until he heard the whimper of his oldest son, James, that he stopped growling. He sped up the stairs and through the door, calming James’ nightmare. He calmed as soon as his father’s muzzle touched his side, the amelioration from the terror immediate. He snuggled into his siblings and slept again, the night terrors gone for the remainder of the dark hours.

The next morning marked Halloween. It was a Thursday, calm and dreary, except inside the Potter residence. In the small house on the corner, a family of wolves had inhabited the house since late the prior evening. They all smiled at each other in wolfish smiles and turned back to humans. The Moon Goddess had blessed them. They closed their eyes for a short nap. That night, they all dressed up, and went out trick or treating. Everything was going to be okay.

Fin