Turkey Day

Warnings: Seizure, panic attack, hospital

I woke up before my alarm, and it wasn't from a nightmare or an anxiety attack. I honestly cannot remember the last time that's happened. I was happy. I was excited. It was Thanksgiving Day, which meant I was going to be able to see Patton.

We'd been home for a little over a week. And had pretty much taken to lounging around the house. Touring had been fun, but honestly, we kinda missed lazy days too. Logan and I lounged a bit less than the others since we had assignments to complete before Thanksgiving.

I jumped out of bed, ignoring the groan of protest from the body beside me. I was halfway down the stairs when it happened. Just like the day we were playing video games. That feeling of being a computer and being shut down.

Shit.

Not here.

Not now.

This is gonna fucking hurt.

When I woke up I was laying in the couch. Logan was checking me over and I could see Roman, out of the corner of my eye, on the phone and pacing.

"He's awake, Roman," Logan gives me a gentle smile and lightly combs his fingers through my bangs. "I think you may have to get an x-ray. You took a tumble down the stairs. Woke everyone up." There was a slight chuckle in his voice as he spoke.

I blushed and grains softly. "I think this may have been more embarrassing than when I went down in the kitchen," I slowly sat up with Logan's help. "Who's he on the phone with?" I gave a slight now in Roman's direction, wincing as the action caused pain in my head. I must have bumped it when I fell down the stairs.

"Hospital. You were out for an hour. We called your dad first. He and Patton are on their way over."

"Fuck my life, " I groaned, leaning against the back of the couch with my eyes closed. I remained like that for a couple of minutes when I felt something warm and heavy placed in my lap. I looked down to see a plate of food. Looking back up I saw Remus avoiding my gaze.

"I look that bad?"

"You totally don't look like you lost a fight with the stairs, emo, " De commented as they sat down beside me on the couch and placed a bag of frozen peas on my cheek. So that's why we had those. Because I swear none of us seemed to know what vegetables were. Except maybe Logan, but even he didn't eat peas or green beans. And, we had like six bags total of those damn things in the freezer.

"They said for me to bring him in so they can do some X-rays and run a CT scan to make sure he didn't injure himself more than a few bruises, " Roman walked over to us and kissed my forehead, taking my plate from me.

"Hey, I haven't eaten yet."

"And you aren't. At least not until after being seen by a doctor."

I huffed and grumbled a "fine, " crossing my arms and glaring at the coffee table.

"We will notify Patrick and Patton when they arrive, " Logan stated, adjusting his glasses.

"What's taking them so long getting here anyway?" De removed the bag of frozen produce from my cheek and looked up at Roman.

"Pat wasn't able to leave campus last night. He had a flat tire and didn't have a spare. So, Mr Novas went to get him this morning. He was on his way there when I called and told him about Virgil's fall."

"Let's not sugar coat it, Princey. I had a seizure and dam near took my head off. Call it what it is."

There was a heavy silence in the room and the others looked from me to Roman and back again.