chapter 16: hangover

bright light was shining onto my eyes as i woke up. i looked at myself and realised that i was in the clothes i had worn yesterday. i hated it when people didn't shower and change into their pajamas before getting onto bed but look at me, i'm doing that now. a surge of pain went through my head as i remembered me drinking ahead of my limits yesterday. 

hangovers. ugh

i rubbed the temples and got out of bed. i walked down the stairs and was greeted by jimin placing bowls on the dining table. 

"rise and shine! good morning!" jimin greeted with a bright smile on his face. "how do you feel?" he asked.

"terrible, it's killing me," i replied as i sat on one of the chairs. i took the spoon and drank some of the soup and oh man, was it delicious and refreshing. i drank another sip and nodded my head as it relieved my penetrating headache. when i looked up, jimin was staring at me eating so well and gulped. he was hungry too lol. 

"you also eat. you look like you mixed poison in the soup and are waiting for it to settle down so that you can see me die," i told him. he chuckled and shook his head before taking a sip. 

"by the way, did you sleep here last night?" i asked him for which he replied, "nope, i went back to my apartment. but then i came back here to cook for you, knowing that you were going to have a hangover." i was grateful for his concern because it had actually lessened my burden of cooking. 

"anyways, just a few days ago, you burned pancakes but now you can cook hangover soups. what's your secret, chef jimin?" i pretended as if i was talking into a mic and then put it in front of jimin. he looked taken aback but played along, "i was passionate about cooking ever since you dissed me so i learnt it." 

i pretended to look impressed and then chuckled at our goofiness.

he then giggled and properly answered, "jin hyung taught me how to cook so i learned this from him but this doesn't mean i am a good cook. and even if you have a headache, you never fail to joke around." to that, i said, "even if you said you can cook well, i will never buy it." 

i drank a bit more and then spoke, "hey, what time did you bring me back home?" 

"we brought you at around 12-1am." 

"oh.. wait. what? we?" 

"yea, jaehyun carried you from the car to your bedroom. you were really wasted," as he talked about what happened yesterday, all the memories flashed in my head. i had a memory of him. jackson. he was there. 

as he was speaking, i stopped him halfway and asked, "wait. don't tell me jackson came..." 

he stopped talking and looked at me for a while before nodding his head. "oh god! i should never drink! this is so embarrassing" i yelled in frustration. 

these are common mistakes when you're drunk and no matter how drunk you are, you should never do that. now, jackson will think that i am still not over him, which is true, and that i am easy, which is so not true. OH. MY. GOD.

JIMIN POV

she was definitely having a lot of things going on in her mind just by the look of it. but she only thinks about the incident with jackson but doesn't remember about jaehyun.

~flashback~

jaehyun carried irene all the way from the car, up the stairs and into the bedroom and tucked her in. as he was about to leave, she held onto his shirt and muttered, "don't go. stay."

he laughed it off and sat down on the bed. "i can't stay. i've got to go. i've got training tomorrow. so rest well and we'll talk tomorrow, okay?" he ruffled her hair and checked if she slept before getting out of the room. 

he stopped near the door and muttered under his breath, loud enough for me to hear, "cute." 

he is starting to like her. oh god. 

"hyung, i've got to go. are you sleeping here or going back to your apartment?" he asked and snapped me out of my thoughts. "huh? oh, yea i'm going back. you want me to drop you off?" i offered and he accepted. 

a snap from irene stopped my recollection of yesterday. "what were you thinking of so deeply? anyways, do you have work today?" she questioned and i replied no. 

her tone increased as she said, "and this means.."

both of our faces lit up and we shouted, "MOVIE TIME!" we high-fived each other because we jinxed and hurried to finish up our soup. it was something that me and irene did when we were young and have promised then that we will make sure to do this every time we were free. 

and i always promised myself not do anything to her. because she is someone who i liked after all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: short chapter again. what do you think of jimin? do you think he likes her? or liked her? let me know about your thoughts because it might help me with my storyline later on.