Chapter 1- Prologue

Manhattan, New York- Six months after the Battle of New YorkS

S.H.I.E.L.D. Mental Facility

My hand slides across the wall as I walk down the hallway of the mental facility. I was lost in thinking about what happened six months ago. It was about the time when the Avengers were fighting an alien army sent from space. It was also when I helped in almost destroying New York. My home. Manhattan has been the only home I've ever lived in my entire life. It's the only place I know.

I shiver with each step I take as my bare feet touch the cold floors. It's always cold here. The doctors that work here always keep it at the same temperature. I was given a grey sweater to wear over my hospital gown when I asked for it but apparently, it wasn't enough to keep me warm. Then again I'm always forgetting to put on socks.

I was pulled back from my thoughts when I heard someone call my name. I turn around and see Dr. Wilson. Dr. Michael Wilson has been with me ever since I came to this facility six months ago. He has helped me through a lot of difficult times and has tried to get me back on my feet so I can live out in the normal world.

"Are you ready for your session?" He asks

Without saying anything, I walk with Dr. Wilson to meet with my psychiatrist Dr. Alex Rivera. I have weekly sessions with a psychiatrist to help me get over my PTSD. Ever since the Battle of New York ended I have been having nightmares and panic attacks, afraid that the aliens were going to come back and attack the city all over again.

We made it to the room my psychiatrist was in and she greeted us as I sat in the chair across from her desk.