}« Nineteen »{

⊱⋇⊰⊱⊛⊰⊱⋇⊰

     Time ticked by at the speed of molasses. (Not that they could actually keep track of it- the only way they could tell time was by Jude extending her hand towards the sun and counting how many fingers were between it and the horizon. They were rough estimations at best.) The girls had formulated a plan for how they were going to get the antidote, and was as follows:

Rey and Kendy were going to the Feast. Shira and Jude were going in as backup in case the two were attacked.

     Kendy would have her blaster and Rey would have her knife for point-blank combat. Jude was to take the bow, and Shira, the lightsaber. They were to hide in the bushes and only to reveal themselves if things went to hell. (And while Rey felt as though it’d be more fitting for her to have the lightsaber, she was well suited with a knife and figured it’d be easier to use if she was attacked. It also didn’t hurt that Snoke would be able to see that she wasn’t the only one who was capable of using a lightsaber- considering how gifted Shira was with a staff, both girls assumed correctly it would be fairly easy for her to use instead. Shira had spent the free time practicing wielding it and had very little trouble.)

     Zah, Faesh, and Berisse, on the other hand, were to stay back with Naysori. They’d prevent her from doing anything drastic, should she wake up. They were also to protect her if any wandering Career, non-Career or ex-Career came upon their cave.

Now all they needed was for the sun to set.

     "What do you think the other groups need at the feast?" Shira asked, making small talk to pass the time. "Were any of the other Tributes burned in the fire storm, Rey?"

     Rey shook her head, watching as Shira slowly swung the lightsaber back and forth. "All the fire did was herd us into the group of them by the lake. It receded back into the forest before we even heard their voices. I doubt they saw it."

     “They’re probably starving.” Jude remarked. “The Careers aren’t used to actually being hungry because they always get the supplies at the Center- if it all got disintegrated in that fight, they likely don’t have the common sense to go hunting.”

"Good point." Shira mused. “They’ll probably have a literal feast for them in their pack at the table.”

“What about the non-Careers?” Berisse asked. “Surely they have to be smarter than that.”

     “Their only strength right now is number.” Kendy recalled. “When Shira and I saw them by the cave when we were hunting, we counted them. There are seven of them, including the two exiles from the Careers. But the issue is, only one or two of them had weapons. The Careers certainly had nothing except for the skin on their backs when they joined the pack, and only this one Rodian seemed to have a weapon. It looked like a throwing spear, I wasn’t sure.”

“It’s possible that more than just her had weapons too.” Shira added. “We were hidden pretty far away from them.”

“I can’t think of anything else they’d need, though. Unless they’re equally as stupid as the Careers and haven’t fed themselves.” Kendy finished.

“I doubt that.” Faesh said. “Especially if that one Sullustan managed to kill off three of them with a flamethrower.”

“But that’s the problem. She was probably their only weapon.” Rey joined in. “Once she died, they were left with no offense or defense.”

“So they’ll have weapons, food, and medicine.” Kendy said. “Do we take all three bags or just our own?”

“Just our own.” Rey said. “If we take the others, they’ll all kill us. We won’t make it out of there with the antidote.”