Chapter 22 (Edited)

I walked towards the cafeteria, gritting my teeth together, feeling annoyed and angry. This day couldn't get any worse, now could it? I had detention with Mrs. Gables, because I was "sleeping" in class, even though I had been thinking about stuff that was dealing with me and my new "life". I still hadn't came to a conclusion on what I wanted to do about Luke, and I was kind of annoyed that I couldn't. I didn't know if I wanted to keep him by my side and act like everything was fine, or just say screw him and leave.

Abigail had cornered me with her goons and actually made sure that I couldn't escape, which annoyed me, because I was good at escaping her. She told me off a couple of times before she punched me in the stomach and then gave me a bloody nose. All of the students laughed, because I didn't fight back, since Voice said not to, because I wasn't able to control my anger or powers just yet. After that, she had kicked my books down the hall, making me have to chase after them.

Another thing that had happened to me, was that I had to skip the period before lunch, because I was taking care of my bloody nose and making sure that my shirt didn't have a lot blood on it. However, there was still a small red stain on it, but it was all good. It wasn't even noticeable, so no one needed to know about it.

Oh, and one more thing, Michael came today to talk to Mrs. Gables's class, and he had sent a letter to me, through whatever portale thing that I could recieve flying letters. Mrs. Gables caught me stuffing it into my pocket and gave me another hour of detention. So, instead of an hour, it was two hours of writing stuff down on the whiteboard, making sure that I wouldn't do it again. Everyone just laughed while Voice just tsked at their "inappropriate" behavior.

I bit back a sigh and shook my head, knowing that I wouldn't be able to eat anything. My stomach clenched as hunger started to set in, wanting me to become the hunter or something. I gritted my teeth, again, and walked to the table that I sat down, by myself. I laid my head on the table and groaned silently, hoping that something would happen and kill me, right then and there.

I heard movement in front of me and knew that someone had sat down in front of me. I knew that it wasn't Luke, because he knew better than to come towards me when I was in a bad mood with him. This was not the first time that I had a bad mood with him, and it would not be the last.

Someone cleared their throat and there was a sound as if somebody was unwrapping something. "Hungry?" a deep male voice asked, sending me on high alert.

I looked up slowly, my whole body tensing. I frowned when I saw a "bad" boy, watching me. He had goldish brown eyes that bore into my green eyes. His facial features were soft and would be count as caring, if he didn't have a Devil smirk on his full lips. His black hair was long in the back but not in the front, so I was able to see his eyes clearly.

The mysterious male wore a black leather jacket with a white muscle shirt underneath, showing a lot of his muscles. From the looks of it, he had a six pack, and I knew that he knew he was handsome.

He was holding a package of crackers out to me, raising a black eyebrow. "Well?" he asked. He waved it in front of me. "Aren't you going to take it?"

His rich and smooth voice let me know who it was. I knew it by his looks, because no one could pull of the bad boy look as best as he could. Reece Withers was his name and "playing" was his game. He could make any girl fall for him, with his charm and good looks, and I guess I was his next "victim". However, unlike him, I had morals that I wanted to keep.

I sneered and rolled my eyes, not liking the fact that he was talking to me. "I'm not hungry for things from you, Reece." I grabbed my books and stood, watching him. "So, leave me the hell alone." I turned and started to walk away from him, when I was stopped by his bark of laughter. I turned towards him, raising an eyebrow, wondering what was so funny.

"You seriously think that I would try to woo some girl like-" He gestured me up and down "-you." There was a smirk on his face, and it was quickly turning into a sneer. "You are not my type."

I raised an eyebrow further. "You do realize that I am capable of hurting you. I might be on the far skinny side, since I haven't eaten anything. However, I can still hurt you. Also, I know that you don't have a type. You just like fucking girls."

Reece smirked, again, probably enjoying the fact that I was still talking to him. "Like you hurt Abigail? Yes, I did see that and then saw you go to the bathroom." He leaned back in his seat, before putting his feet on the seat that I had been sitting on, just a couple of minutes ago. "That didn't look like you could hurt people."

I gritted my teeth and stalked over to him. My whole body was tense, and I knew that my eyes turned a lighter shade of green, which happens when I got really angry. I could feel my body shake a little, while my mark heated up, as magic filled my system. "You do not know what I am capable of, Reece. You do not know my past. I suggest you watch what you say next time before I lose my temper with you." With that, I turned around and stalked away, wanting to find Cami. However, I was still in earshot of Reece, so I would be able hear what he was going to say.

Reece let a whoosh of air behind me, as if he had been holding his breath while I was talking to him. "Damn, that girl is scary when she is mad."

I turned around and smirked. "You better believe it," I replied, causing him to jump up and look at me in surprise. I turned back around and walked away from him. My whole body was tense, and I was about to attack someone, if someone tried to talk to me. I was not in the mood to talk.

***

I found Cami talking to a group of her friends. She was laughing with them, and I felt a small bit of guilt for taking her away from them. However, my anger was still much up to the roof, and I was sure that my eyes were still that light green color. I, also, could feel that Magic wanting to go out of my body, even though I didn't want it to.

Cami must've sensed my anger, because she looked right at me. Her eyes widened in surprise when she saw my light green eyes. "I got to go," she said, quickly to her group. She stood, grabbed her bag, and walked over to me, ignoring the complaints made by her friends. "Come on." She grabbed my arm and started to pull me towards somewhere.

I followed her, not even wondering where she was taking me. I was just too busy trying to keep my anger down, so I wouldn't do something stupid, like blow up the school.

Voice chuckled at that. Even if you tried, you would be stopped.

I rolled my eyes mentally and growled. Shut up. My voice had so much force, that I was surprised that nothing happened right off the bat. I waited a couple of more seconds and let out a sigh of relief, glad that it didn't talk again.

"Joes?" Cami asked, breaking me from my thoughts.

I turned to look at her and then in front to see that we were standing in front of the janitor's closet, that was close to the cafeteria. "What is it?" I asked, knowing that there was a snarl in my voice, even though my anger wasn't directed at her.

Cami quickly bowed her head, probably not wanting me to feel threatened. "You need to say Lanise Peramore with your marked arm outstretched in front of you." Her voice was soft and commanding, as if she wanted me to do what she was asking me to do.

I blinked. "Why?" I asked. "This better not be anything dangerous." My guard went up, automatically. I wasn't sure if I could trust her or not, even though she did know who I was and what I am.

Cami quickly shook her head, probably surprised that I would even think that. "Oh no, no, no, no. It's not dangerous. Trust me, if it was, then a fourth of the students here would be dead. Also, I will tell you when we are in the room."

I frowned but did what she had told me to do. I lifted my marked arm, and my hand instinctively curled up into a fist to let my mark show. "Lanise Peramore," I said. Power filled my body and the next thing I knew, the door opened automatically.

__________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Cliffie. I know.

Until next time Fluffy Munchkins.

Peace,

~Rissa