Prologue

(This is basically the summary, but longer, and a tiny bit different)

"Marigoldheart! Tell us another story!"

"Yea!"

"Yea!"

"Alright, Alright......I suppose I can tell you a new one. You seem old enough for this one at least. You know how our ancestors gave us our territories a long time ago?" A ginger she-cat asked 4 smaller kits.

All 4 kits nodded there heads curiously.

"Well.....this is the story of 4 cats who wanted much more then our ancestors could give. This story has no name, but it is  a very old story."
"A long time ago......The 4 clans, Hollowclan, Hawkclan, Mistclan, and Swampclan lived In peace. Everything was how it should be. Peace, despite the normal border disputes, everything was normal.

But that all changed one faithful day when 4 foolish leaders decided to ruin it. There names were Flystar of Hollowclan, Shinestar of Hawkclan, Seastar of Mistclan, and Fuzzystar of Swampclan.

But that was when we still called them our leaders. As many cats call them now, Flywing, Shinecloud, Seablaze, and Fuzzytail.

The 4 leaders were very brave and courageous.........but they were also very Ambitious and ignorant. They wanted power and wanted more land then what are ancestors in starclan could give.

So they assembled under the great tree. They chatted for hours on end, Trying to decide what they should do. Shinestar got the idea of going much farther then what are ancestors gave us. The other leaders were slightly unsure of the she-cats request, but gave in none the less. But first, they wanted to see how there ancestors thought of there 'amazing' idea. Maybe they would give them answers on where each leader could go for more prey and territory.

But Starclan was furious on what the leaders have proposed. They told the cats to be grateful for the amount of prey and territory they so generously gave to the cats. But the leaders turned there backs on them telling them they could get so much more.

And to just despite them, they ordered there medicine cats to not go to the shining Willow tree to share tongues with there ancestors on the half-moon. And that they'd be leaving then.

And that's what they did. They took every cat in there clans to leave. But, before they could even set a paw out of the territory, Starclan struck down on the leaders like bolts of lightning. They took all the lives out of each leader and sentenced them to the dark forest for defying them. Shinestar was the first to die for coming up with the idea, then Flystar, Fuzzystar, and then Seastar. The 4 deputies pleaded to be spared, in which they were so the clans would have new better leaders to lead.

But, a curse was set upon them. Any cat at all who even dared to set foot off of there boundary lines and away from the territories that were given to them, will never be seen again. We know those cats as the fallen, or the foolish. Depends on what they did. We haven't had a fallen in a while, which is a good thing.

And we were given another punishment for following what they did. Starclan will never ever be as generous with prey and herbs as they once were. And they weren't lying. Leaf bare has gotten harder, and we have suffered deaths, but judging how they spared our former leaders from many moons ago and didn't kill us all off.....they don't want the clans to die out yet. and we can't leave to become kittypets or rogues, we'd become a fallen.

Now....you won't leave the territory given to us and become a fallen right?"

3 of kits immediately nodded, but a light ginger kit wasn't paying too much attention. The kit was trying to look behind the ginger cat. But she was interrupted by a nudge from another light ginger kit, but with white splotches.

The kit immediately nodded not knowing what she was nodding about. The older ginger she-cat nodded "good. Now let's get you to sleep."

The queen nudged all 4 kits towards towards her with her tail and curled around them when they were close enough. And going into a deep sleep expecting her kits to do the same.

In which they did, all but one. The light ginger kit poked her head out of her littermates fluffy fur and stared out.

'What's so bad about it?'