𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞 !

࿐☆∘◦○✧ ゚ 

࿐☆∘◦○✧ ゚ 

𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭. it wasn't like she hadn't tried to lead the kind of life that her family and friends did, she tried with every cell in her body to be just as good as them, to have just as much potential, but it seemed that no matter how hard she tried to do right in their eyes, the worse off she was. eventually she stopped trying, her mother sent her off to a fancy boarding school in new orleans and then dropped of the face of the earth, leaving behind a devastated teenager in her wake. 

it didn't take long for the sweet girl to become semi-sour, before embracing the darkness completely. when she faced death for the first time, she was strangely satisfied with the outcome; the darkness that swallowed her whole was warm and inviting, it was like the hugs she used to get when she was a child. the bittersweet release of death was a welcomed aftermath of the horrors she faced when she opened her eyes for the last time.

when she was brought back to life a year after her death, it felt like she was pushed into a lake during the winter; her muscles tensed and she felt as though she was paralyzed, and her brain was moving so fast it felt like it wasn't moving at all. it took some getting used to, but she was able to get back on her feet. she decided to take her second chance in a new direction, to change her way of life once and for all. she followed all the rules laid out before her, she kept her snide comments to herself, and she tried to mend what she previously broke. 

when her second death came for her, and she fought the grim reaper face to face for the last time, she was completely unprepared. the first time around she saw it coming; her supreme was worried that carmen would overthrow her, carmen was prepared to put up a fight and die for her cause. but when her best friend wrapped his hands around carmen's throat and started to strangle her, carmen knew she hadn't mended everything she hoped she would. 

when she found herself in her own personal hell she vowed that she would find a way out, there was no way that she would stay in the dump she was placed in. time in hell moved differently, what felt like weeks to her were truly minutes. so when she woke up one morning in 2014 she figured it was an elaborate scheme to drive her insane. after a few weeks of searching she found two bickering idiots (deedle-dumb and deedle-dumber) whom she quickly befriended, only to become a pawn in the game of a merciless god of mischief.