how it starts?

Hello me again I'm tired and hungry thank you

Anyway it's fiction, not meant to represent BTS.

None of the stepbrothers are blood related so one less thing to worry about.

Mentions of jumping and cutting although not successful. That's your heads up, I hope if that is something you're not comfortable with you avoid reading it just in case.

-

The hit of cold air was heady, the breeze ruffling his hair haphazardly in all directions, his arms stretched out to feel a sense of flight, of freedom, a pretense supported by his closed eyes. His body tingled in a good way, the small pricking sensation making him squirm slightly and clench his hands to stop it from intensifying.

The teenager inhaled in the air; his lungs finally felt like there was nothing pressing on them, nothing blocking his way to breathe. He opened his eyes to stare at the twinkling lights of the buildings standing tall and proud in the city skyline, brightly contrasting the dark night.

Although it wasn't the cleanest of air, he didn't care. He couldn't breath when he goes back down. He was so close, so close to the edge of this building. It was a bit reckless, but he peered over the edge of the rooftop, slowly, bit by bit leaning his body more on the brick and lifting his feet off the ground, gripping tightly on the brick. It was almost like he was attempting to do a handstand on the brick wall, so close to plummeting to his death.

Jungkook pushed himself back down, sighing as that heavy weight sunk even further in his chest.

Today wasn't the day to do that.

-

"Jeon Jungkook!" His teacher yelled at him, looming over him in disapproval. Jungkook stared at his balding teacher drowsily, blinking rapidly to try to keep his eyes open. He shook his head, thinking that the sudden movement would startle him awake, but it only made his headache more of a throbbing mess.

"How many times have I told you to stop sleeping in class?" His teacher nagged at him; the others in the class giggled along at the scolding. It was definitely so fun to laugh at others' misery.

Hahaha. He scoffed.

"Don't you dare make that noise at me, young man. Get out of my class."

Jungkook stood up from his desk, shuffling off to the nurse's room because he knew his teacher wouldn't give a fuck about where he disappeared off to as long as he was out of his sight. What an annoying fucker.

The medical room was empty, so he merely signed himself in and made himself comfortable in an empty bed. He was still angry at his teacher - sure, he shouldn't have slept in class, but he shouldn't have aired it out in front of the whole class when it was none of their business. They were so fucking annoying.

He scowled, feeling a rising heatedness in his chest, an itch in his fist to punch someone, to destroy something. He tried to reign in those explosive emotions, ignoring the fact that it would make it worse. He breathed harshly, trying to calm himself down.

There was that burning need to feel something, to feel something accumulate and let him see the results of his emotions. It was the only way he could get that sensation out of his system. Shakily, he opened up the drawers, searching for something shiny, something sharp. His body trembled, fingers quivering around the small blade that was neatly stashed away.

He looked at the thin scars on his wrist, rubbing at it gently with a light press of his fingers, the knife slotted in between two of them. He couldn't cut there anymore...he didn't want to make it more noticeable.