Rocking the Boat

­Naupathia

Double Trouble rinsed their mouth and brushed their teeth after throwing up yet again.

Why Catra thought it was a good idea to take a boat to the Horde-occupied marine kingdom of Salineas was beyond them.

("She could've easily called one of the Force Captains stationed there if she wanted to check up on things but noooo, she just had to drag Scorpia and I onto this rustbucket that hasn't been cleaned in ages!")

(KNOCK KNOCK!)

"Double? You okay in there, buddy?" Scorpia called.

Double Trouble almost jumped out of their scales at the sound of the bubbly Force Captain's voice. Shouldn't she have long fallen asleep by now?

"I'm fine, darling." Double Trouble groaned wearily.

"You don't sound fine, bud. Throwing up again?"

Double Trouble cursed under their breath. As talented an actor as they were, two skills they lacked were the ability to cry on cue, and the ability to vomit quietly. Their seasickness especially didn't help the second vice.

Double Trouble shakily rose to their feet as the toilet flushed automatically. They had abandoned their signature heels, black leotard, and leather gloves, instead wearing simple house slippers, boxers that accommodated their tail, and a pair of socks. Their long blonde hair had been tied into a messy bun to keep it out of their face.

The shapeshifter walked over to the door, and opened it.

On the other side was Force Captain Scorpia, a 6'3 woman-scorpion hybrid with a bleach blonde pixie cut. In Scorpia's claws was a shirt 3 times Double Trouble's size, and a blanket. A bucket hung off her tail.

Scorpia gasped as she noticed how much Double Trouble's seasickness had affected them. Double Trouble was a lighter shade of green, skinnier than normal from lack of appetite, sweating like an athlete, drooling like a hungry wolf, and so dizzy they could barely stand on their own two feet, leaning on the wall with one arm and holding their vomit in with the other.

"C'mon, let's get you to bed."

Double Trouble was too exhausted to protest when Scorpia threw the shirt she brought them over their head. Once they were properly dressed, Scorpia wrapped Double Trouble in the blanket like a burrito, the same way she had wrapped Catra the day she confessed to losing Shadow Weaver.

Scorpia wrapped one arm behind Double Trouble's shoulders and the other behind their knees, effortlessly sweeping them off their feet.

As Scorpia carried Double Trouble back to their room, the boat tackled a massive wave, causing their stomach to lurch. Double Trouble covered their mouth in an attempt to hold in their vomit. Scorpia noticed this.

"Gotta toss again?" Scorpia asked, readying the bucket.

Double Trouble quickly nodded.

Scorpia held the bucket to Double Trouble's mouth and comforted them as they vomited into it.

"It's okay, bud, I've gotcha, I've gotcha."

By the time Double Trouble had finished vomiting, they looked like they had died 3 weeks ago.

"Better?"

Double Trouble shrugged. Vomiting was just about the most undignified thing anyone could do, but at least they felt somewhat better.

"I just don't get why you're tossing so much, Double. Food poisoning doesn't usually last this long. Are you sure you don't have any allergies?"