Chapter One

I hear the leaves falling down in a blurry flurry of green when I set my foot on the third branch of the tree and I try to grab the next with my left hand. The pain in my right hand was so intense, it was bleeding profusely. I gasp, I ran too hard I guess. My heart is beating so fast I can't even count the heartbeats. I look around, I was followed by three guards from the Green House.
I went there to see Melody, she is the most beautiful girl in the world. Her green eyes sparkling in the sunshine, her long brown hair that almost reaches her tailbone blowing in the wind... Her father is the President of Onethe, the world where I live.
Anyways, I tried to sneak in but the guards saw me. I ran for my life. There is just one thing I tought at that moment; "the forest, it's the only place you can lost easily." I ran and ran, but the guards followed me, but I'm fast and clever so I two guards stopped tracking and returned.
I still ran for my life and disappeared in the big, green forest, looking for a good tree to climb in. But all the branches began about three metres above the ground. I was just thinking stupid things what made me even more nervous: "I lived here for fifteen years, that's my whole damn life. I went in the forest everyday, for fishing, hunting and just playing. I know this place completely, I know every tree, every hill, every hole out here. And I don't know a tree now?"
I looked behind me and I saw the guards had reached the forest, I had to hurry... I started running again, trying to find a tree. I tried to think clear. "Where is my tree, the tree where I can be on top in twenty four seconds? Where is it?" I tried to remember but the adrenaline was too high. I looked behind me again, the guards were running faster than me. If they had caught me, they would probably killed me.
I couldn't remember it, my brain seemed to stop working. I didn't feel my legs, my hands started to tingle and I got dizzy. The world turned and all I knew was how to fall. So I did, I fell. But then something wonderful happened. I fell slowly, it was like if there was no gravity. I just fell slowly. When my head hit the ground it bounced a little back. I tried to move my head, I saw the guards, moving slowly forwards. First I thought it was a dream or something, but then I felt the pain in my right hand. It was bleeding profusely. When I felt my legs again and started to think clearly I realized I had to move, before the guards catch me.
So I stood up and ran. After like thirty seconds I looked behind me, and I didn't see the guards this time. There were nowhere. Did they return? Did someone fall?
I heard rustle and looked at a green bush with roses far away from me. Suddenly a deer jumped from behind a green bush with roses. Again; slowly... "How can it move slowly while I can do everything normally?" I closed my eyes again and thought that it was fake and everything I saw didn't happen. When I opened my eyes again, the deer ran away. Normal. Just like me. "It's the dizziness" I thought and ran further. The branches from the trees began closer to the ground so I could climb in it. I climbed the very first tree I saw, it was an old one, with many branches. You can feel the warmth of this tree, you can feel the stong of this old tree... And now I'm here.

I'm close to the top of the tree now, I think the guards can't see me from below. My left arm was tight around a branch, my right hand was just hanging and bleeding. There was a huge cut on the back from my hand, it's hurting so much. Some dirt of climbing in the tree also didn't help.
I try to sweep the blood and dirt away, but that ensures it'll get worse. I bite on my lip and try to think of a solution. I only tried to see the daughter of the President! I mean, I know... I sneaked in, but I want to see her. I remember the first time I saw her, it was when I was hunting.
I didn't know what she was doing in the forest, but I saw her running. Her brown hair in a braid, with a white dress. I followed her and she probably saw me, because she began to run faster. I decided to let her go, but I dreamed a lot about her. Once I tried to follow her to her home. The Palace. I was following an important person, I didn't know she was the daughter of the president.

To be honest I didn't know much, when you're under ten years your life is a secret. Everyone tries to keep your safe as child. When you know more about the system, you have take a big risk. You can go to the earth and live there, without any food or drink. Without a house, you live in dust from the buildings which were there a hundred years ago. Or you can go to Tamnesia, that is a world with monsters who'll eat you when you enter their territory. It's a completely disaster as parents and for children. In short, you don't want to know anything when you're young. It's hard to don't let them know about the things... But I have managed to avoid.
I know more now, but I'm fifteen. So it's legal. My father told me a lot, about the seven worlds, the people how they lived and about the earth.
That's the most interesting part. A hundred years before we all lived here there used to be a world called Earth, there where seven billion people. They had families, friends, enemies. But on May seventh it was all gone. Suddenly, in a heartbeat everything was destroyed. A huge meteorite hit the Earth and more than five billion people died. The ones who survived the disaster came with an idea, our ancestors made huge domes on the seven planets and put everything you need to live in there and divided the people in the new worlds.
The ones who used to live in North-America became the smart ones. They are in MaXon. South-America were the brave ones, they developed a new sense, they can let things burn as easily as breathing. They are in Fuoco. Then those who used to live in Europe, they like to fly. There in Maeva. The next one is Terra, they used to live in Asia. They're the ones who can let things grow. Then there is Vesi, who can control water. They lived in Australia. Africans are in Onethe just like me. Everything is from the Nature. And Iedas, they're not with much but they control ice and can let things freeze. They used to live in a place where hardly anyone lived. Antartica.
My dad says his parents lived in Europe, but he was on a holiday in America with my mother when the accident began. His parents died, so did my mums. So they were divided in MaXon, technology. But both created a sense and chose to be in Onethe. Where I'm in now too.

I open my eyes from daydreaming, I hear something. Footsteps, the guards? I try not to move, I try to be as quiet as possible. And then I see her. Not the guards, but Melody. She's wispering something, I can't hear it. She's beautiful, even from above.
Then it suddeny starts to blow, very hard. I need to hold the tree, otherwise I'll fall. Some leaves fall and make a circle around Melody. I shake my head and close my eyes. This isn't true, this is inhuman...
But then three big bird fly over. I think it's more than four metres. I have to admit, I'm scared. But Melody isn't. One of the bird returns and lands next to Melody. She strokes it and gives it a kiss. Then she jumps on the back of the bird, she sweeps her hair over her left shoulder and makes a weird bird sound. And the bird flies away. It's unbelievable.