Chapter 31

Around 8:00 that night, our last roommate finally came in, “Katie!” I screeched, tackling her with a hug.

“Natalie!” she laughed, dropping her things on the bed next to mine.

“You have no idea how happy I am to see you!” I exclaimed, and told her the whole story about Liz and Lauren.

She gasped and rolled her eyes a lot, listening intently. When I finished, I had tears in my eyes.

“I’m sorry, Nat. I knew it was tough to date a celebrity, but that’s just insane!” Katie sympathized.

“Thanks…” I frowned.

It was hard dating Harry. I got tons of hate on Twitter, and he had to leave for months at a time to go on tour and do promos. And of course there were girls like Liz and Lauren. Harry always stood up for me on Twitter, blocking any “fan” who sent me hate, and sometimes even tweeting back to them about how much it hurt. But it was different when the girls were actually there in person. I guess sometimes he just couldn’t help himself, which made me a bit insecure. But he was getting better, and I loved him anyway. And then there some fans that stood up for me too, a lot actually. They were really sweet and kind to me and they were genuinely happy that Harry and I were happy. They were one of the biggest reasons I didn’t give up.