𝐕

DESIREE WOKE up to a knife being stabbed into her chest, two inches shy of her heart.

She gasped in pain, her eyes widening at the person on top of her. Damon Salvatore himself, eyes filled with rage. "My tit," she groaned, before shoving him off of her. She sat up, pulling the blade out of her chest cavity, coughing up blood onto the previously clean sheets. "What the hell, Damon?!"

"Don't you what the hell, Damon me! I should be saying that to you! You were never human!" Damon shouted in her direction as she crawled off the bed, her wound closing up almost immediately.

"Okay, yes, I may have forgotten to mention the fact that I'm not exactly human, but to be fair none of you have ever asked! You just assumed. I figured that if you didn't bring it up, I wouldn't either," Desiree said, waving the knife around.

"Yeah, I should've known that the resident's new Super Hottie was also Super Bonkers. No one's that hot and just normal," Damon scoffed, actually looking disappointed.

"You think I'm hot?" Desiree responded, fluttering her eyelashes in his direction.

Damon scowled, "So what else have you been keeping from us, huh? You've been lying about your friendship with Katherine all along, haven't you? You're in league with her. Tell us what you know, or I'll kill you myself,"

"It's funny that you think I can be killed, Damon. And no, I'm not in league with Katherine, thank you very much. Is it so impossible for you to believe that Katherine and I could've actually been friends?" Desiree asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yes. Because Katherine's horrible and you're a psycho," Damon spat.

"Oh, don't be like that, D. I'm not that bad. But if you really want to know what I want from you, then I'll tell you. I want your friendship. That's it. That's all I wanted from Katherine as well – face it. You don't know what it's like to be trapped in Hell for over a thousand years. When you're as lonely and tortured like that, a friend is all you need," Desiree said, tilting her head to the side.

"Right. Right. I forgot you're a literal hellspawn. And your rabid dog?" Damon asked, giving Cerberus a look. The puppy lifted his head, growling in Damon's direction.

"Cerberus isn't rabid. He is, however, the three-headed dog that guards the gates of hell, so I'd be sure to mine my manners. His temper is worse than mine, isn't that right baby?" she cooed, kissing the puppy's head.

Damon shot her a look of disgust, before turning on his heel and stomping down the stairs. Desiree sighed, following after him. "Damon, come on – you can't seriously be mad at me."

"Uh, yeah I can. You know why? Because you're a sex demon! And you used your sex demon powers to get me into bed!" Damon pointed an accusatory finger in her direction.