▽ | episode one: HAWKINS NO MORE

EPISODE ONE: HAWKINS NO MORE | part one

warning
usage of
slurs, blood and bullying.

☁︎ no one's

The Byers had moved. Moved out of Hawkins, Indiana for good and for the better. It was acceptable, of course it was! What kind of person would want to live in a place where every living thing either tries to test you, kill you, hunt you down and traumatize you. Besides, moving had always been in Joyce Byers' mind. She just never thought of foregoing with the idea unless something pushes her to do so.

Hopper. Mostly called Hop. The respected, not so respected, Chief of Hawkins. Yes, that's what pushed her to move.
He wasn't there to stop her from taking her kids and move to Maine when Bob died anymore.

Hopper was gone ... but no traces of him was left at the scene.
No blood, no guts. Nothing.

Maybe it was because he was too close to the weapon that it had disintegrated him finely?
Yep, that's what they've been trying to tell themselves. He was too close. He's gone. He's dead.

It was hard, especially for Joyce considering that not only does she have to feed three but four people. The family's budgeting became tight, working late night shifts had been frequent. It was major deja vu ... but she saw past that.

Eleven's family now. She's a part of them. And she promised. It wasn't verbal, it was shown more through emotions.

She remembers the pleading in Hoppers' eyes, the silent tears he was holding back, the broken smile. Take care of her, take care of her. She remembers it, like it all just happened yesterday.

•°•°•

A week had already passed since the move. Will had been up early to get ready for his new school. He was anxious about it since it meant having no friends again. It was back to square one. The thought made him want to skip the whole school year.

He could hear his older brother, Jonathan, bustling in the kitchen. The sounds of pans and an egg sizzling greeted him like a reminder that school is real.

He stepped out of his room, already showered and dressed, and walked towards the kitchen to get his stomach filled with eggs and bacon.

The room was lit by two fluorescent light bulbs, accompanied by the dull rays of light coming from outside.
"Good morning, bud. Ready for school?" Jonathan asked as soon as Will stepped in.

"Uh, yeah. Morning." Will greeted, forcing a smile. He felt sick. He sat down and looked around confusedly, "Where's El?"

Jonathan rapidly stirred the eggs he wad scrambling in the pan, "She won't come out of her room. Been knocking on her door for minutes."

"And mom?"

"Already left and yes she ate breakfast, I begged her to. So, the agenda for today is that I'm gonna be the one to take you to school so we gotta be quick."

Will sighed before standing up from his seat, "I'm gonna go get her." He said before walking out of the room and towards Eleven's which was the second room down the hallway.