Turmoil

Within the streets of the kingdom news of the king fleeing has already taking roots and they have start gathering in front of the kingdom waiting to be addressed. There voices could be heard among the chatter of the heavy, angry rain drops and every now and then lightening and thunder would cut it. Its has been raining from the moment the king went missing and people seem weary.

Sadara's POV

I stepped out the house and into the streets among the people of our kingdom to speak with them. The guards ran to my side franticly. My action seem to surprised them as much as it did me.

"Queen Sadara I don't advise this", said the head of my royal guard.

" Calm down, am part vampire too u know. Let's see who is brave enough to attack a white witch with a broken heart", my mom said to him.

As I made my way to stand in the middle of the crowd, a path was clear but my guards made sure to push the crowd before me rather than around me. I rolled my her eyes at them but I thought it was a very smart move by the guards anyway. I could see my son making his way to stand by my side and lucky he got here just in time to hear me speak.

"Am sure you have heard the news of my husband's untimely departure but be rest assured the kingdom is within good hands, its my promise to u my people."

"We are glad u didn't forsake us my Queen", replied a man within the crowd.

" I could of never, I don't desert my duties."

"So we are now under your wings my Queen", asked another. My mother smiled before responding.

"Actually a Kingdom as this one deserves a king I can't rest easy if I don't know that my kingdom is protected by a King as fierce as my husband. I will not allow all sorts of creatures to run loose in my kingdom after they hear that my husband has deserted us, so in this situation my sole duty and responsibility was providing u with a king."

"A king your highness", asked one man.

" You have chosen a suitable spouse", asked another.

"No my faithful friends I am afraid there is and always will be only one man for me. I have given u a King with rights to the throne, a suitable king."

"Who?", asked the group of people.

" Our son Leon Alexander Evans".

Just like that the chatter erupted once again under the sky's tears. Out of the thick crowd a familiar voice spoke.

"Alexander is the new king huh, may I ask where is dad?"

And just like that the rain stopped for mere moments and the sun shined as  a smile crept across my face as I waited for the owner of the voice to emerge out of the crowd. The very moment we were face to face, I hugged her but then once again my smile drifted away and sadness once again engulfed my soul as i remember my troubles.  The rain started to fall again as it felt my pain. The vampires seem bitter towards the rain but I couldn't do no better, the few seconds the sun shined upon their skin was enough for them to want it to stay.

"Princess", the crowd said greeting my eldest." You have come home."

I stepped in before she could respond to the questions.
"I will host you all within the royal court and let your king addressed u tomorrow morning but have faith in me friends since the moment I became your queen am yet to fail you. I made the right decision am sure of it."

"But my Queen, he isn't of age, neither does he have a Queen", yelled two persons within the crowd.

" That all with be discussed later my friends, tonight we celebrate the returned of your Princess, welcome her home."