Taking A Risk

"True love is taking the risk that it won't be a happily-ever-after. True love is joining hands with the man who loves you for who you are, and saying, "I'm not afraid to believe in you."

Cara Lockwood

March 16th
London

Despite being a well-known, whole blooded rock star and even an actor with some years of professional experience, Yonghwa did not know how to keep a cool face in the current situation. Disguised like a special agent he had somehow managed to leave the airport without anybody following him and - what was even more important – without anyone realising that it was him who was heading towards the one person he always craved to see the most. He still couldn't believe that he had successfully fooled the whole world countless times today, flying from Osaka to Gimpo airport and right afterwards sectretly traveling half across the world. Being a Running Man - veteran surely came in handy at times like this.

As soon as he jumped into the backseat of a cap he started to chuckle uncontrollable – not very rockstarish, he supposed, but it just couldn't be helped. He felt like a little kid playing hide and seek with the consciousness of an adult in the back of his mind. It was more fun than he ever imagined, but also the most thrilling, or even dangerous thing he'd ever done for her and, of course, for himself. However, he would make sure that his efforts were going to be worth it at the end of their stay.

Because of the traffic it took them exactly 47 minutes to reach their destination. He asked the taxi driver to park the car in front of a certain hotel and to wait outside while he carefully wound down the side window a little bit. He took out a golden coloured scarf with black hearts on it and slipped a part of it through the gap. It matched the black scarf with golden wavy lines he was wearing.

It only took a minute until Yonghwa could hear the trunk lid close. After a few seconds the door beside him opened and a heavily disguised ninja-lady jumped in and flung herself around him.

Yonghwa caught the girl as if he never learned to do anything else with his hands. He inhaled her sweet scent, while he buried his face in the crook of her neck. Having her in his arms definately felt better than holding his guitarre, he thought to himself.

"I missed you", she mumbled, allowing him to pull her even closer.

"Not as much as I missed you", he sighed.

He finally leaned back a few inches to lower the hood of her olive green parka uncovering her long, mocha brown hair. She opened the top of her jacket, allowing him to see her whole face.

He would never get used to how beautiful she was. Of course, beauty was part of her job and he had been swirling around the entertainment industry for long enough to know that in 99 of 100 cases you needed to be pretty to make it big. However, there was a difference between being merely pretty and being stunningly beautiful in all kinds of situations.

Over the years, Yonghwa had seen her with all sorts of hair styles and make ups. He had seen her dressed up as well as drenched in water or all sweaty after dance practise. Knowing a lot of people in the entertainment industry, he could definitely say that it was her natural beauty that drew him in. She did not need two hours of professional styling to look good and that was the difference that simply won her the title of being beautiful instead of simply being pretty on camera.

"Gosh, I missed you so damn much!" he said. He put his hands gently around her cheeks and pulled her in for a passionate kiss.

He had never done drugs all his live, but he had the feeling that her lips evolved more and more to be the only thing that could really lift up his mood at any time. Sensing her somehow always reassured him. He felt full of self-confidence, understood and – above all – wholeheartedly loved, whenever she was by his side.

"Yonghwa-ya, you're even swearing now?" she asked, breaking into a wide smile, slightly hitting his arm. "I'm going to tell your eomma!"

"Aren't rock stars supposed to fit this kind of image?" he asked innocently.

"Not if they want to keep my support", she answered while showing him a cute wink.

"Alright, no swearing. The boys will torture me, if I ever lose your support", he said while lovingly tugging a loose strand of her shiny dark hair behind her ear – a simple excuse to feel the softness of her cheeks again.

"I'm sure, they will!" she said, showing a semi-devilish face.

When the car slowly started moving to join the usual Londoner traffic yam, they finally put their seatbelts on and faced the front.

Naturally her head sunk onto his shoulder, allowing him to rest his head on hers. They linked theirs arms to be more comfortable and their hands found each other, showing the same silvery ring on each of their index fingers.

"Yonghwa-ya, where are we going?" she wanted to know at last. He hadn't told her a single thing about the adventure they were about to take.

"It's a secret", he told her with a mischievous smile.

"YA! I'm taking the biggest risk of my life and you're not even telling me where we're heading?" she started a small rebellion.

"Just trust me", he mumbled with closed eyes. The Jetlag finally caught up to him. "And even if we are going down, we will be going down together. I will stand to my promise, Shinhye-ya." He increased the grip on her hand as if he wanted to underline his last words. "Always."

It was quiet for a while.

"I love you, Yong", Shinhye finally whispered. "Thank you for being the man you are."

Yonghwa's eyes suddenly opened. His heart skipped a beat from the tinkling sensation her words brought to his mind and body. He couldn't help but grin like a love-fool.

It had been far too long since he heard her say it. There had been times when he wondered, if he was ever going to hear it from her ever again.

"I love you more, Shin", he told her earnestly, remembering all the hardships of the last year. He placed a soft kiss on top of her head before leaning onto her again.

And this time, he promised himself, he would make sure to show her till the very end. Never would he let her go again - ever.

__________________

Hey guys,

I hope you enjoy this story! English is not my first language. If you find any errors, please let me know. I'd be really grateful for your feedback on the plot and over all feeling of the story!

Much love,

Soul