The World Of Quirks

Since age 4 Izuku Midoriya had been waiting for his quirk to manifest, it had been amazing when his friend had manifested his quirk. Bakugo Katsuki Izuku's closest friend had become the target of much praise by peers and adults alike. It was amazing to see the explosions the small child could create and without doubts he would be a pro hero to be remembered. 

Many of the kids and adults were also sure that Izuku would also be an amazing hero once his quirk manifested. It wasn't long before his mother took him to a specialist to see if he would develop a quirk as it was uncommon for a kid his age to of not developed a quirk yet. 

It would only encourage the boy when he found out he was still likely to develop a quirk but it may be something that wouldn't manifest extraordinarily. Izuku was still sure he could be a hero even if his quirk didn't seem strong. 

Many years would pass with his quirk still seeming to of not manifested, this led to many people bullying him including his "friend" Bakugo. Izuku never held it against him though, he had begun to think that maybe they were right, this led to him falling to a slump where he began questioning his dream. 

He began exploring other options and found music and he began listening to music whenever he could. It became an odd sight to see Izuku without headphones and soon enough he began trying his hand at instruments and writing music, then came a particularly bad day.

 Bakugo had heard that Izuku had applied to U.A as a last ditch for his dream, if he made it in he felt like his dream was still possible. When class had ended Izuku had begun packing up his things and had begun listening to his music when suddenly he felt the familiar hand of Bakugo on his shoulder. 

"Hey Nerd... So I heard you applied to U.A. I was just wondering what a useless nerd  like you thinks he could do as a hero?" Bakugo hand had begun to heat up Izuku's shoulder and Izuku felt nothing and was confused. "Uh Kacchan your using your quirk but it doesn't hurt."

Bakugo got pissed quickly from the insinuation that Izuku may be stronger than him. "WHAT DID YOU SAY NERD!!! I'LL KILL YOU!!!" Izuku flinched and went to block the strike he knew was coming but somehow ended up landing a punch into Bakugo's chest and sent him flying across the room. 

Bakugo's minions were in shock at how Izuku had just sent Bakugo flying in a moment. The look on Izuku's face was just as shocked, he looked at his hands shocked and looked at Bakugo slumped against the wall knocked out. "I think I found out my quirk..." Izuku saw Bakugo's minions help him up and carry him out of the room. 

Izuku for the next few  days was happy he knew now that he had a strength quirk and it had reignited his dream to be a hero like All-Might. When Bakugo returned there were whispers about him looking to fight Izuku again. Izuku wasn't sure whether it would happen but he felt like he could win if he was attacked. 

"NERD!! YOU THINK YOUR HOT SHIT NOW DON'T YOU!! YOU GOT A CHEAP SHOT IN THERE'S NO WAY I'D LOSE TO YOU!!" Bakugo screamed and was ready to fight Izuku stepped back as he had never seen Bakugo that mad. 

Izuku held his hands up and then felt as an explosion knocked his guard away and then was punched in the face sending Izuku to the ground. "KNOW YOUR PLACE DEKU!! BENEATH ME!!" He then stepped onto Izuku's chest before he said one more thing. "ONCE A WEAKLING ALWAYS A WEAKLING!" He ended it with another blow to his chest knocking the wind out of Izuku. 

Izuku was brought to the nurses office who only managed to help with the surface wounds. Izuku was confused as to why his quirk didn't work, he hadn't done anything to activate it last time but what was different from last time...