Dreary

I hop in the truck with everyone else in their cars. It was time to get our revenge with the governor. We were ready and tired of all his actions. I'm tired of being scared for all our safety. I'm tired of not feeling safe anymore.

I was in the car with Rick. We haven't left yet. We were waiting for everyone to get in their cars. "Angela?" He asks.

I turn my head away from the window. "Hm?" I hum. He takes a deep breath and looks into my eyes. He puts his hand over mine. He then smiled. "Your beauty always amazes me."

I smiled and tucked my loose hair from my ponytail behind my ear.

He then leans in from his seat and kisses me. He backs away. "Would you like to make this official?" He chuckled.

"Official?" I looked at him while smiling and blushing.

"Of course!"

He smiled and put a finger on my chin bringing me closer. We kissed smiling and laughing in between. We were interrupted by a tap on the window. We both jumped up. Rick rolled down the window.

"Come on love birds we have the governor ta get rid of." Daryl said before driving forward on his bike. Rick and I smiled at each other. I looked forward as Rick started driving. I waved to Carl as we drove past him.

•••

We were on the road for just a few minutes when we all stopped to see a big truck. It was the governors truck. It was abandoned and in the middle of the road. I open the car door and walked out with everyone else. I grabbed my weapon while looked around. Everyone was dead, they were gunned down. There was no sign of the governor there. A bang on the window of the truck made us all raise our guns. A women walked out with her hands up.

"I'm innocent!" She yells. "The governor he gunned down everyone and left. He's not coming back. I'm on your side." The women spoke as we put our guns down.
We agreed to take her with us as we continued to drive to Woodbury.

We drove up to the gates with our weapons up. It was silent and sounded like no one wanted to fight. I saw the people who came to the prison a few weeks ago before Rick kicked them out. "We don't want to fight anymore." Sasha said. I looked at Rick. He nodded his head, "We will take you to a safe place." He answered.

They opened the gates and we all walked in. I escorted people in the bus. There was old people, children, even babies. These people were weak. Once I escorted everyone in bus and was all settled Rick came in walking with Andrea. I gave her a slight smile and hugged her.

She looked beat, she had bruises and cuts everywhere. She got into the bus and I walked over to Rick. He continued to walk with me with his hand around my waist. We were walking around the road of Woodbury.

It was a peaceful and pretty place. Too bad the wrong people were running it. We made sure we got everyone and got into our cars again. We have a lot of people that needs training but we can handle it.
Rick got into the car we came in and I got into the bus. I twisted the key in the ignition. The engine roared.

"Don't worry you all are safe now." I said while looking back at all the scared people in the back of the bus.

•••

I pull in the prison with everyone else. I open the bus doors and got out first helping everyone out. I saw Hershel with Carol and the kids. Hershel was talking to Rick about something when I was done with everyone at the bus. "Thank you." Sasha said with her brother beside her.

I smiled, "You're welcome." She smiled and started walking away. Maggie went in to get everyone settled with a cell.

I walked over to Rick which was thinking. I nodded to Hershel as we walked pass each other. "What's up." I ask Rick.

"Carl did something..... he killed someone. Hershel said one of the governors people ran into them and the boy was putting his gun down. Then Carl just shot em'.

"Talk to him." I said while putting my arms around his neck. He put his hands on my waist. "Or maybe I could just spend a little time with my girlfriend." I chuckled and kissed his lips. I pulled back and he sneaked in a kiss on my neck. "But really you should talk to him." I said.

He put his head up from the crook of my neck and grunted like a child. "Fine. I'll go."
I smiled and pecked his lips. I then walked towards the cell block.

I walked around the cell block looking at all the cells that were filled. About half the cell block was full. We will have to use our other cell block when we gain more people.

I walk into my cell. Beth was there cleaning up her side of the cell. "Hey." I sat on the bed.

"Hey." She answered "I'm happy we have Andrea and those people safe." She said.

"Yeah me too. We don't have to worry anymore about the governor." I responded while stretching.

"So Rick and I are officially together." I said.

She gasped, "Oh my gosh finally." She giggled.
"Does anyone else know?" She asked.

"Nope. They'll figure it out." I smirked.

Beth giggles. "I'm happy for you." She said.

"Thank you."

Happy, that's what I missed. Being happy and normal. Feeling safe and loved. It was time to feel at home again.

It was time to survive.

(Edited)