A Quick Explanation

Hiya! Lord Olsory had returned once again! I really hope that the readers of this book are enjoying it because as fast as updates are, it takes a bit of time, more than I want to actually write a chapter.

Anyway, if the past chapters couldn't already give you the impression, it is clear that Lloyd and Akita have a crush on each other, both in this book and in the actual show. Don't believe me on that last part? Then watch this. 

Yeah, it's merely a kiss on the cheek, but Ninjago is supposed to be a show for kids and is based on LEGO sets. So this counts! And when people saw it, many loved it and began shipping it (hence this book), but some were kinda disturbed by it?

'Eh? But why?' I hear you ask! Well, if Zane's reveal as The Ice Emperor didn't already make it clear, time is incredibly different in The Never Realm then in Ninjago. And from what we know, it was about 5 or 4 days after Zane had been banished by Aspheera in Ninjago, and according to Zane, he had been ruling over The Never Realm for literally decades! 

And we all know that both Kataru and Akita were children at that time when Zane launched one of his first attacks, which was on The Formling Village. But, Akita is seen as a teenager and has said that she has lived in the forest for a long time. How could she be a child back then and then a teenager in 4 or 5 days? The answer is simple: She can't. And given that Lloyd has finally reached the age of teenager, he is about as old as the Ninja now, which explains his new voice (which I prefer for some odd reason). 

So, we can safely assume 4 days in Ninjago = 40 years in the Never Realm. That would mean Akita is most definitely older than Lloyd when she met him. Hell, Tommy Andreasen, one of the people who work on this show has confirmed that Akita is older than Lloyd.

However, given that Akita is older than Lloyd, people were beginning to think that little kiss she gave him was the act of a pedophile. However, the writers did not mean for anyone to think that at all! So, I just assumed that Akita wasn't too older than Lloyd and old enough to at least date him or something like that.

Thankfully, another fan of Ninjago had asked Tommy to help all of us with this, and he has! He explained that Formlings age much slower than regular humans. So when Akita became a Formling, her aging began to slow down. 

So, that would mean that even though Akita is older than Lloyd, she is close to his current age. After all, we don't really know how long Lloyd and The Ninja were searching for Wu in Season 8, but apparently it was long enough for Lloyd to become a teenager.

Therefore, we can now feel comfy with having them exist as a y'know...Honestly? Akita's a huge upgrade from Harumi. Not only can she battle, but she took on a dragon that was like, twice her size! Oh, and who can forget her awesome voice actor?

This is making me seem like I have a friggin crush on someone fictional when I literally made her frozen twice in this book.

I guess the only real question we all have if Lloyd will ever see Akita again, which I personally hope they do! Akita's a great character and Lloyd needs someone to help bring a light into his life again!

(Because I'm fairly certain he got fairly depressed ever since that whole deal with Harumi...)