III - Bloody Rita Skeeter

The next morning Hermione was surprised to see her owl Starlight struggling to carry several letters and The Daily Prophet in her talons. The barn owl was struggling to get in the window as each piece of mail was haphazardly blocking her from entering. Hermione rushed to her back door and opened it, clicking her tongue periodically so Starlight would know to come that way instead. After a few moments, the beautiful owl flew in and dropped everything on the floor at Hermione's feet before landing on her shoulder.

The young witch shook her head and made her way to the kitchen, finding the bag of treats she fed Starlight a few of them before stroking her feathers. The owl nipped at her fingers affectionately before flying off through the back door once more. Hermione smiled lightly before she picked up the letters and the newest copy of The Daily Prophet. Her eyes widened in surprise and horror as she read the front page article's title. Her face began to burn and her eyes narrowed as she read the first few lines of the article. A loud shrill exclamation of anger escaped her throat and the pages crinkled in her grip as her grip tightened with her growing rage.

The banished prince woke to the sound of loud crashes and bangs coming from downstairs. He also could feel and sense the presence of her strange magic being used and sprung out of bed-- assuming the worst. He dressed as fast as possible without his magic and rushed down the stairwell. He was surprised to find his living companion, fire in her eyes and cheeks, destroying her own furniture.

The couch was already torn and the green cushions were thrown about. The selkie vase he had seen the day before was in a shattered pile on the wood floor. And she was now in the process of breaking her kitchenware. He inhaled sharply, the air hissing as it left his lungs. Tangled within the midst of rage, Hermione was a sight to behold. She was in an oversized black jumper that stopped at the middle of her pale, creamy thighs. Her chestnut coloured locks were as wild and curly as he had seen yet. Her brown eyes were molten-- burning with her fury. He sensed that this moment had been a long time coming for her. It was a stark contrast to the woman he had met yesterday. And he had to say--

He loved it.

He could see himself in her anger...despite the fact that she had a silly stick in her hand. She was destructive and expressive. Clearly tortured and confused and-- He smirked when she waved her little stick at the mess she had made and everything was immaculate again. Clever too...He thought to himself before hearing some of her thoughts reach him. She still hadn't realized he was standing in the archway of the stairwell and watching her.

Bloody Rita Skeeter...Doesn't know what she's talking about...I'll kill her...

He crossed the living room and into the kitchen where he saw some unopened letters laying on her kitchen table. His eyes then landed on the moving image of Hermione and himself on a street, the one from yesterday he assumed. He picked up the papers and began to read the article.

 He picked up the papers and began to read the article

The Weasley Ex's Secret Lover? by Rita Skeeter

Little Miss Hermione Granger ex Weasley seems to have taken up a new lover of sorts...only question? Who is this mystery man? The muggleborn witch was spotted in Diagon Alley for the first time in months. "She was completely rude to me and my husband," says Miss Lavender Weasley, the pretty newly wedded wife to Ronald Weasley. For those of you not aware, the muggleborn witch had reportedly broken the handsome bachelor's heart no less than a year ago--

The paper in his hands began to smoke before becoming engulfed in flames. They immediately went out when he dropped them and it crumbled to ash to the floor. He turned his attention to the fuming brunette who must have set the fire. He cocked a brow as she began to rant aloud now.

"Don't read that! It's all lies--LIES! I wish that bloody bitch had learnt her lesson the first time..." Her anger seemed to renew itself and she let out another vicious scream. He admired her for a few more moments before he decided to involve himself. He didn't want her to hurt herself, he knew how he could get when he had one of his fits. He rushed over to the woman and took the wand from her hand. Her eyes seemed to flash gold at this and he found himself actually intimidated.

Her magic thickened and swirled in the air around them, crackling like a fire--. His own magic seemed to react, making his blood stir in his veins and new refound energy and adrenaline surfaced. He swallowed as she grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him close to her. Mere centimetres apart, he could feel her warm breath against his lips and the scent of strawberries and pure woman washed over him. She glared into his green eyes and demanded--softly, "Give. Me. My. Wand."

He narrowed his eyes, and a green, iridescent glow surrounded her wand in his hand before it disappeared altogether. A smirk graced his lips and she gasped. The audacity--She launched herself at him in response, surprising him enough to knock him off balance. The breath was knocked out of him, a hiss of air escaping him as he landed on the kitchen's hardwood floor with a loud thud. Hovering over him, still clutching his shirt, she glared into his eyes.

"I really don't think this is how a young maiden is supposed to act." He quipped.

She let out a bitter laugh, "I really don't think you have any place to judge--" She leaned impossibly closer, her lips a breadth away from his ear. "God of Mischief..."

He felt himself stir at her words, a shiver ran down his spine as he felt her warm breath caress his ear. He swallowed--hard as he regained his bearings. This woman was going to be the death of him. "You are a dangerous one, aren't you?"

She pulled back and smirked at him, "You have no idea--" She uttered something under her breath and suddenly her wand appeared in her hand. She held it against his throat now, the tip pressing into his pale skin.

He gazed at her curiously, "And what are you going to do with that?" Her brown eyes were alight with her angry mirth...like she was fighting the urge to laugh and curse him at the same time. Loki's body suddenly shimmered and flashed before disappearing out from under her entirely. Hermione gasped in surprise before she was suddenly grabbed from behind and pinned to the ground again. He uttered something under his breath as well, and she found herself unable to cast anything at him in defence.

She screamed when she realized she couldn't access her magic. He felt her magic lash out at him and his magical binds, "I'm just trying to make sure you don't hurt yourself!"

"And why do you care? We only just met!"

"I--I--I don't!" Loki stammered. He was taken aback by his own reaction and stutter. He never stuttered.

"See? Just like HIM!" She struggled against him more now and he finally sighed in defeat. He stood and let her stand up. Her hair was in complete disarray, her face flushed, her eyes wide and wet with unshed tears. She looked into his deep, emerald eyes and she collapsed against his chest, falling into a fit of sobs and cries.

_____________________________________

Hey ya'll! Sorry I took SO long to write this next chapter, I wasn't sure where to go with the story yet but I think I have an idea! This is gonna be a tease of a relationship so buckle ya seatbelts and enjoy the ride ya'll!

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

First Draft Added: June 12th, 2020 at 8:02 PM EST