You Have our Silence

If you listen to the bawdy, drunken sailor songs of those on the high seas, you will hear them singing of the creatures below the seas: Krakens, Leviathans, and more. People often talk about mermaids as the main creatures of the sea; they are often are regarded as such. But people often associate them with beauty, mermaids are not the most gorgeous in the waters.

That right is reserved for the Sirens.

Creatures of such beauty and talent that the mere sight of them, the mere warble of their singing voice, is enough to send a man over the side of his trusty boat and into the arms of the deadly blue. Most of the creatures of seas live in the great and mighty city of Atlantis, all of them living in strict oceanic rules, but there is one rule you need to obey beyond all reason.

You never interact with anything of human nature.

But a little Siren, daughter of the Siren Athena, named Annabeth Chase, had a hard time obeying this rule.

In the upper sectors of Atlantis, Athena was swimming around in a panic. Athena glanced around, desperately for her youngest daughter, checking in the libraries, kitchens, bedrooms, and more. Athena's silver eyes and thick brown hair was in a whirlwind as she searched.

"Mom, I'm sure she is fine-"

"You don't know that girl as I do! She will go to the library and come back with a shark biting at her fins!" Athena cursed at her other child. Athena, the grand strategist of Atlantis, was angrily swimming through the Atlantian grand library.

"Momma!" A small little voice called out behind Athena. Athena turned around and saw her young seven-year-old daughter swimming into the library. Annabeth had a dark golden tail that glittered under the Atlantian light, which matched her blond princess curls that swayed around her head in the blue water. Annabeth's long lace shirt looked more like a dress on her, and it moved and twirled with Annabeth's every movement due to being underwater. Annabeth's brows were pressed down in worry, and she looked slightly panicked.

"Annabeth, where on earth have you been! I have to nail your fins to the floor to keep you put!" Athena snapped.

"Sorry, I got distracted. But come, look!" Annabeth exclaimed, dragging her mother's hand. Athena desperately swam behind her daughter and followed her to the outskirts of Atlantis. Annabeth turned around a sea stack and pointed to a sunken human ship.

"Annabeth, get away from there!" Athena begged, grabbing her daughter's hand and dragging her back.

"Mom! Look up!" Annabeth pointed upwards; her bright gray eyes pointed upwards. Athena glanced upwards and gasped. Above them, were three ships all firing cannons and sinking one another. Men were flying off the decks and landing in the water.

"We have to help them!" Annabeth begged. Athena glanced nervously behind her, hearing the Atlantian police force not far behind them. If they found these men and women in the water, there is no telling how they would react. Two new bodies fell into the water, two humans that looked to be Annabeth's age.