The Last Woman On Earth Review

Username: @DanielNgo5 | Title: The Last Woman on Earth | Genre: Sci-fi, War, Adventure

***Warning spoilers ahead***

Set in some 90s Russian warzone, Alexei deals with every decision that had led him to become a soldier with no self-will; the struggles of dealing with the choices of his over-euthanistic friend, Roman.

But a far bigger problem looms in the horizon; building like dark storms in this alternate timeline—where the female kind had gone into extinction. In a battle, Alexei meets a discovery: a date with fate. How he handles that discovery could change the face of their world forever.

Beware. Poignant weariness lurks in the shadows with a face more sinister than his plans. Name, Dzuyba.

REVIEW

I won't deny, I loved reading this book; with every chapter keeping me on my seat. A very interesting plot. Everything was done to near perfection, just a few things that I didn't get agree with.

First, I love the introduction of the characters; from Roman to Alexei to Dzuyba to the female character, I could relate to them on a lot of levels. I love how the antagonist was branded. The main character's cluelessness when he first faced the female character. We could see the character development with Alexei and Roman; their contradictory views of life and their persona as a whole. I loved the detailed description of things like smoking and gunfire.

Also, I love the flow of the book grammatically. The writer didn't wander much into the deep literal waters; making a mess of the whole book. He/She made use of words he/she was comfortable with, not too vague. I love the use of colons, semicolons and en dashes.

I saw no faults in the paragraphing, the flow of conversation, humor, and cliff-hangers. In my perspective, it was written to perfection.

The only thing I had an issue with was the military conversation between the commander and the young officer was more informal than military-like. For example, "Sir, I don't understand, sir!" sounds more military than "What do you mean?"

But that's just my view.

Aside from that, everything was great.