Letter 3: Sins of Sodom

October 17, 2014

...Ever since the introduction of the scrawny-looking Andrew Clooney to our growing group, our storytelling is no more. Instead of diving into our past and digging out interesting stories to tell one another, we have been passing along survival skills and details of 'The Unassailable'; from what we can gather from Andrew's descriptions...

However, for the very first time in this soul-destroying place, a splatter of rain touched my skin. Unsurprisingly, the droplet quickly rolled toward the end of my left pinkie and fell toward the dry dirt below. Nevertheless, it was a beautiful moment compared to the tragedies occurring outside of our hidy-hole...

...As we all sit and observe the on-going rush of tears being produced by the clouds, we notice two filthy twins climbing a thick oak tree. Because of this, it made me wonder if there were such a thing as a sky or clouds in this damned location and whether the rain were actually from the magnificent clouds I have longed to see. We left the hole underneath our shrub as soon as the atmosphere became increasingly dark. It was quite sad to leave the place we learned to call our "home" but nonetheless, it felt like a mission to be in a safe location with other survivors...

...for the first time since her storytelling, Raven has decided to tell us a second secret she discovered in her search for our whereabouts. Abdoul and I suspect that this could be her way to avoid our conversations and to put on a front of sanity, but nevertheless the things she describes are way too impeccable to account as false tales. Almost as if she was there for herself...

...It was on New Year's Eve, 1981 at 9:27 pm when the largest party for Halestone High started with a bang. Moody juniors had their first drop of alcohol and over-hyped seniors regurgitated yesterday's dinner into the nearest bush. Nobody knew what was coming, nobody knew the dangers that the darkness had in store for them...

...Inhabiting the lively party were the town's own mean girls, Sophie Rickman and her minions; Carly Forester and Alice Walters. Together, the three ruled Halestone and everyone within its borders. Carly Forester was the smart plastic, capable of discovering people's inner secrets and digging into their personal lives. Alice Walters was the exact opposite and the only reason why she was accepted into the group was because of her long-term rich boyfriend and eventual husband; Canaan Newton. Which left Sophie, Sophie was the heart and brain of the group, an approaching tornado that destroyed everything in its path...

...It was nearing midnight when the unfortunate event unwrapped - every owl in the tree stopped half-hoot and every star in the sky stopped flickering for this exact moment in time - As the plastics made their way to the topmost bathroom to escape the ongoing disasters downstairs, an electrifying mist crept its way behind; unknowingly to them. According to Carly, Sophie and her were arguing over a boy as Alice simultaneously boasted about hers...

...Together, they squeezed into a bathroom untouched by any other guest within the house and initiated a major makeover onto each other, despite the ongoing argument. It was only at this point of the story when Carly admitted something about their tale were true; a loud clang impending from the hallway. Altogether, the music from downstairs was slightly muted and Carly found Alice and Sophie exiting the bathroom in a creepy motion...

...After a few minutes passed without their return, Carly began finding herself concerned for her friends' whereabouts, when she, too, walked into the neighboring hallway. She never saw an electrifying mist with protruding undead hands or an eerie wood with shadows roaming around, but what she did find were her two friends lounging against the hard floorboard, as if they were in a deep asleep. After they awoke from their trance and began telling their story, Carly dismissed them as "mad", eventually leading to their unfortunate cases of insanity and suicide in adult years. It is unknown what caused the girls so much distress to this day, but what we do know is that the woods haunted their minds until their very last breath was drawn...