Chapter 1

"There is not much we can do about this, Mr. Snow. I know you've been having a hard time after diagnosed with cancer and that all of your jobs were put on the side, making you to slowly lose money you receaved from the company, resulting it to be closed, all of this happening in just around few months. It was a real shook to us too. But all of your employes are waiting for a money that we promised we will give them by the end of this month, hoping that somehow your situation will get better and you will be able to open the company again, getting the money in the process, but we are getting out of time, and there is still nothing. Employes are getting angry and there is nothing we could do about this. I'm sorry but it looks like it won't end up good" One of the lawyers of his told him.

The men who was laying in the bed, pillows supporting his head, with a food by his bed which wasn't even touched, nodded.

He would lie if he said he wasn't expecting this. It was bound to happen a long time ago. With his health being even worse and worse each day, even though others would tell him otherwise, he knew this day will come soon. Like he said, it was bound to happen.

In all honesty, he didn't care much about the company, more of this anger of the employes and them needing to give them the money.

Where to get all of this money?

The door of his room opened, the girl with long,  brown hair, entering the room, holding the tray with food, water and some pills.

She smiled a little, bright smile in the lawyers direction. She knew him well. He was the old friend of her father and he would always give her presents when she was a little girl.

"I'm sorry to interupt but it's time for you to take the medicine, dad" Her eyes, that are originally brown, but sometimes would change the colour, looked warmly at him.

Thomas nodded then turning to his friend he said"Can we continue this some other time?" The lawyear nodded, understanding, and after saying goodbye, he left.

"You can come closer now, Cait" the girl nooded after hearing her name.

"How are you feeling today, father?" Putting a tray on a table next to the bed, she helped her father to stand up a little more, making his pillows more comfortable in the process.

Cait, or her full name Caitlin, took the tray and sat on the bed next to her father. Even a slightliest movemant can make him more tired so she took it upon herself to help him with everything she can.

She also noticed the tray from yesterday still being full, but decided to not comment about it.

"Mother made this specially for you. She put a lot of love into it, from both, me and her, saying that there is no better medicine then love" They both knew that this was just an excuse. After hearing about her husbend's illness, Carla Tannhauser, married Snow, would spend all her day in the kitchen, making her husbend's favorite dishes. She was scared of what was bound to happen.

"Have you been reading any new book lately?" and that was all it took. Caitlin was a sucker for books. She could, and would, read them all day long. She just loved losing herself into the book, imagining the world described in them, searching for new information, each day learning something new and fascinating.

That one sentence was all it took for Cait to get into the mood for talking and tell her father all about the new book that she have been reading for a couple of days now.

It was around 2pm when Cait's father fell a sleep and she left his room. She took the direction of the living room, her steps light on the hand-made carpet.

"Would you like me to help you, mother?" Carla looked up from the blanket that she was making to look at her daughter.

"No darling, don't worry. I would like to do this one by myself for your father" and she returned to working. Caitlin nodded slightly, sadness in her eyes.

If only she could somehow help her father to get the propper treatment her mother wouldn't be like this.

But, she didn't let these sad and dark thought take over her mind for that long. She decided to take a little walk around the village. Maybe even visit her friend Iris. They could do something together.

Caitlin put on herself a coat, told her mother that she will be back by tonight, and walked outside.

It was a sunny day with a slightly breeze. She took the way to the house of her best friend Iris, saying 'hello' and stopping to help to who ever needed her help. She would get warm smiles in return and they would always made her day. Especially the ones from little children.

Half an hour later, she was n front of Iris' house. In front of it being a few guys waiting. She giggled. Tipical. It was always like this when ever she came by.

She made her way to the door, knocking on it slightly. Caitlin took the look at all of the guys around. Some she did, and some she didn't know. They must from the villages near their's. She could help but to let another giggle.

It was always like this. You see, if you haven't noticed it yet, Iris was really popular around the man population. Which isn't really surprising. Iris' a little bit shorter, dark brown hair and the brown in her eyes, were making a picture that was just perfect.

Caitlin's eyes returned to the door when she heard them clicking. The door opened revealing her best friend.

Cait hears her mumbling something before she was forcefully pulled into the house.

"I see that you still have full hands of work" she joked. It was true. What she saw today was just a glance of what was happening every day.

"Don't even joke about it, Caitlin. This is just all too much. I'm so tired. They are outside for nearly an hour and it doesn't look like it will get any better"

"Can you make them leave? You know I don't want that much of attention" Iris looked at Caitlin with her pleading eyes.

She whined. How dare she? Iris knows that she can't say no to those eyes so she is using then when ever she needs something.

It was always like this. Ever since that guy Iris really liked. He wasn't from their village but he would come to visit sometimes. They met by a chance. At a local store actually, but Iris said it was a love at the first sight. At least to her. And she thought that was the same with him. But she was totally wrong. They formed this close friendship that, Iris thought, could turn into something more. But it never did. Why? Because just a month or so into this friendship, he admitted to her that he was gay and that there was this guy in his village that he really liked, loved even. They stayed in the contact, it was not the same as in the start. Only after, when she saw them together, and talked to each of them, did she realise that they had a lot a common, but still not too much, and that they were just perfect together.

Caitlin walked outside. Somehow all of the guys knew what was about to happen. They always did. It didn't took that long for them to walk away.

The rest of the day, until the late into the night, the two of them stayed together. Mostly talked. About village, people here, boys. Which was Iris' favorite part of their daily talk.

It was around 7pm when Caitlin got home. Opening the door, she was met with a pair of shoes, that clearly were not her father's.

She walked into the living room, hearing the voices coming from there. Her parents's mixed with a new, man like voice.

Wait. Her father was out of the room?

She hurried inside and just blantly walked into the room. Yes. Indeed. There, in a couch, was here father.

Her mother stood up "Caitlin, darling, you are home" she slightly nodded, her eyes now on the man that was drinking tea by her father.

Her mother must have noticed her, rather staring then looking, in this man, who haven't still looked at her direction, since she fast decided to say something.

"Oh, let me introduce you to Mister..."

______________________________________
Hello to people who are still around!🖐 I haven't been here for so long. Woahh it's weird..