Chapter 1

“Oh, I understood wrongly

“Oh, I understood wrongly. This is not the City of the Plume?” I asked the same lady who is my savior from my previous battle. 

“Why else would I have a Horse Merchant escort you? Currently you reside in Blossom Village. The City of the Plume is still a ways away. If only your wings were in good condition, you could have flew yourself there.” The lady sadly shakes her head side to side.

Oh… right. My wings. I had forgotten about the possibility of flying myself to the City rather than seeking aid from a petty Human. I begin an effort to move my wings, to stretch them out for preparation to enter flight!

But I instantly regret it upon being stung with a painful sensation. “I already told you, you are in no condition to enter flight! Don’t strain yourself.” The lady scolds me so. 

Because of the terrible state my wings are in, there's still a long way to go from Blossom Village to the City of the Plume. It truly would have been so much faster if only I could fly my way there… but it cannot be helped.

So I seek out the Horse Merchant the lady requested of me to seek out. If I cannot fly, the only other quickest way for me to reach the City of the Plume, is by mounting myself on a steed.

“Greetings nobel and graceful Winged Elf, descendant of the gods! How can I, a humble human merchant of no significant accomplishments, be of service?” The Horse Merchant I have come to meet speaks quite sarcastically. 

“You may stop the sarcasm. All I am is an ordinary seeker. My savior sent me, saying you could provide me with a horse for my journey to the City of the Plume?” I go straight to the point.

“Your that seeker who slayed the Wraiths in Illusia! Why, I’d love to give you one of my best horses! You have my respect!” The Horse Merchant’s attitude changes instantly upon making his assumption.

But according to the words of my savior, he isn’t wrong. I indeed fought in a fierce battle against the Wraiths. And from the sounds of it, the location of this fierce battle took place was, “Illusia”. Wherever that place is. 

Ever since I have woken up from my slumber, I have forgotten many things. Too many things. Like where I was, how I got injured, what battle I fought… and as to where my home lies, I still haven't a clue. That is the one lingering question that remains unanswered. Or does my home lies within the City of the Plume?

Hold on… it’s not just my home I have forgotten. I cannot remember anyone who may have shared strong ties with before. Friends… family… remember none. I am beginning to wonder if I even had any to start with.

“But.... there’s only one problem, miss.” The Horse Merchant begins to apologize to me in a sheeplish manner, snapping me out of my thoughts. “The horses I have brought with me… well, they’re missing.”

“Missing? To where???”

I was utterly confused. This Human had one job… ONE JOB. And he has miraculously failed it. “D-Don’t worry, I’ll find them eventually!” The man stammers. 

But… really?! Eventually?!! How long is eventually supposed to take?! I glare at the Human scum, quite unhappy. Why on earth did my savior recommended me this negligence?

“H-However, if patience is not on your side… I can offer you one of these four wild horses I just rounded up! You’ll have to figure out a way to break them in first!” The Human may be quite the failure when it comes to keeping an eye on the horses he’s pretty much giving away… but at least he was able to take notice that time is not on my side and came up with a backup plan. But… what exactly did he mean by breaking the horse in? That’s… 

“What might you mean  by, Horse Breaking? If I go and break the horse, how can I ever hope to ride one?” 

I cross my arms at the merchant. But to my utter shock, the man laughs at me! Laughs! How was any part of my said question funny?!

“I don’t mean to literally break the horse━━ I mean to tame it! Um… are you sure you're the one who slayed the Wraiths in Illsia?” The man chuckles but takes his asked question quite seriously.

“Q-Quiet, Human scum!!” I silence the man as I hurry along to the horses. I feel as though I was just toyed with…