Babydoll

There was a knock at the door.
"Excuse me, Mrs. Hood? I know this is going to be hard to take but...." I froze.
No. No way. It can't be. No. Not him. They must have the wrong house or something. Something has to be wrong with this. It-No.

"Wh...wh...why?!" I managed.

"I'm sorry for your loss mam. He was a great man." He gave me a hug. "He was a great man." He repeated as I cried like I had never done before.

-6 years earlier.-

My instructor pulled me aside the group and pointed. "You see that kid over there? That's the man you're going to marry."

My instructor was known as the matchmaker. She had this sixth sense where she knew who was a best fit for who and the people that she found had usually gotten married after she had hooked them up.

But no. It's not gonna be me.

I scrunched my face in disgust. "Ew no. I'd never like him." I had never before seen this boy and I already didn't like him. It's not that he was unattractive, it was just.... his attitude. The way he held himself, with a sort of arrogance. I laughed, "Ha, thanks old lady, but I think I'm good. Marriage doesn't look too good for me right now. I'm still young. Boys will be drooling all over me in no time."

She smiled and mumbled, "that's what they all say..." Before I could ask her what she meant by that I turned. And without looking he walked into my life.

And then he hit me. Well not literally, but he bumped into me. It was as if I walked into a wall, or in this case, this wall walked into me... and I was just shocked. He kept on moving as if I was never there. I looked up. Nothing. Does this boy not have any manners?? I stopped him.

"Wait. Hold up. Didn't your mother ever teach you the words 'excuse me'?" I grabbed him by his forearm and yelled.
"Hey!" He turned towards me, apparently annoyed at my presence. But he never looked away.

"Company....HALT." Everyone in the platoon looked at me in shock.

He turned back to me as if to say, 'the fuck do you want?'

I cleared my throat, "Um I think you owe me an apology." At first he smiled. Then he chuckled and so did some of his soldiers.
"Hmm Babydoll... I don't think so. You know, I'm a little busy, so if you would just leave me and my formation alone, that'd be greatly appreciated." When he called me Babydoll something in me went off. I'm not too sure what it was though.

"Well I would greatly appreciate an apology. How about that? And DONT. Call. Me. Babydoll. You're not that special."

I grabbed his cheeks in one hand and shook them from side to side like he was a child. I laughed, "On second thought, I think I'll accept an apology later then. When you're not playing asshole." I walked away.

"Alright now babydoll, move along. I will see you again later." I rolled my eyes. Douche.

---

I grabbed my towel and headed for the shower. It was freezing and the showers were outside. No one was up so that made it even creepier. I liked showering alone though, cause it's the closest it'll ever feel like back home. Everything's so different here. I'm training to be a nurse in the middle of a military base. Although everything's really strict here, it's more disciplined in the barracks.

I turned the shower head on and felt the water rush down my body. After a few minutes the atmosphere became silent and the warm water was the only thing I could count on to stay warm. But I had to get to bed, it was getting late. The moon was almost to the center of the sky as I escaped the comfort of the water and reached for my towel. I dried myself quickly and frowned. I forgot to bring my clothes... I mentally slapped myself as I wrapped the towel around my body and headed for my cabin.

Just as I walk out I hear a man clear his throat behind me. I was scared shitless.

"You look beautiful even in the night, babydoll." I breathed a sigh of relief as I turned around.

His hand raised to cup my face, his thumb running over my cheek under my eye then over my lips. He moved ever so slowly and ever so gently that I went weak to his touch.

He leaned towards me.

"Babydoll, you have no idea how much I want to kiss you...but I know that if I do, things will take a turn and I won't let you sleep tonight. So goodnight, beautiful. I have to shower." He said, and he pressed his lips against the center of my forehead. He threw his towel over his shoulder and smiled, a true, earnest smile. "Oh and don't forget your clothes next time, love. I probably won't be as calm as I am now the next time around."

---
What do you guys think, should I finish it? :) lmk!