Decent

I slowly open my eyes. I can hear footstep go back and forth outside. I feel something heavy on my waist. I look down to see Rick's arm over me as we lay. I turn my head to look at him. I watch his sleeping face with his slow breathing. "Rick?" I say to wake him up. He groans and pulls me closer. "Hm?" He hums while still half asleep. "We need to get up. I have to go on a run today."

"No I'm comfortable." He groans.

I wait a couple minutes to see if he will fall asleep so I could sneak out. I look at him again and decide to lift his arm up. I stretched on the edge of the bed. I got up and walked over to the table and took out my hair brush. I put my hair in Dutch braids and got my clothes. I grabbed one of Ricks shirts because it's a lot more comfortable. I put on my jeans and my belt with my gun and knife holders.

By the time I was ready Rick got up. "Morning sunshine." I laughed. He smiled and continued getting up.

"I'll see if Carl's up." I suggested.

"He might not be. He has new comics so he was probably up all night." He said while adjusting his watch.

I start to walk away. "Hey is that my shirt?" I hear him holler as I walk. I turn around walking backwards and blew him a kiss.

I get to Carl's cell and peek my head in. He was sound asleep. I decided not to wake him. Rick can do it. Besides he is supposed to be farming with him today anyway.

I walk outside to see a hoard a walkers on the fence. It must have doubled over night. I saw people doing their shift as they stab the walkers one by one. I walk over where the shade was. I saw Carol and Daryl. "Mornin'." Daryl says.

"Morning." I smiled while grabbing a plate. I thanked Carol and started eating while walking towards the cars we were taking with us in the run. I was going with Tyrese, Sasha, Glenn, Daryl, Zack, and Bob. It was a bigger group but we are a good group. I finished my plate by the time we got there and threw my paper plate away in the trash before walking completely over there.

"Hey. I was just going to look for you." Sasha says while handing me the gun. "Thanks." I say while taking the gun. We were ready we just had to wait for a couple more people. Beth and I were talking while I looked over and saw Rick coming this way. "You finally woke up." I smiled.

Rick came up to me and pecked my lips. "Be safe." He says. I nod and put my rifle on my back. "Always am."

I see Zack come over to Beth and kiss her. I kiss rick a couple more times and finally let him go. Rick starts to walk away with Beth behind him. Daryl walls over to grab something. "You guys are like a damn romance novel." Zack and I laugh and get into the cars. I'm driving one while Daryl drives the other. We drive to the gate and pull over to let Michonne in with the horse. Then we drive off.

•••

We pull over at a mall area. Tyrese and Sasha split up as I stay with the others. Michonne decided to come with us for xtra help. Daryl bangs on the window as Zack continues to ask Daryl question about what he did before all this.

After a little bit of laughing we finally hear a walker banging on the window. It was only two so we would be safe. We opened the door and Daryl and Michonne killed the walkers. I had my knife in my hand ready as I walked deeper in. I grabbed a few things that are useful and put them in my bag. Tyrese and Sasha come in shortly after and grab things with useful.

I look around the corner to see Bob hesitating to sneak alcohol in his bag. He then puts it down and the shelf collapses. I get out of the way. Everyone seems okay but I look up when I hear cracking sounds. "Out of the way!" I yell. I go to the nearest corner as I see the ceiling break open. There were more walkers in now that fell through the ceiling. I started helping lifting the shelf's to get Bob out from underneath.

More and more walkers started walking on the roof. Then the roof broke more making more walkers come in. I watched as blood got everywhere. Bob was screaming for help. Everyone started helping kill the walkers. I saw Daryl look up and so did I. I looked up to see a military helicopter tilting about ready to collapse on us. Daryl and I start shooting walkers and trying to get everyone's attention.

I drag the walker that's about to get Bob and stab it in the head. He get Bob out then non of us realize there's another walker under the shelf. I turned around to see Zack screaming with a walker biting into his leg. "Zack!" I yell. He then falls and his neck gets bit into. It was too late.

"Go go!" Daryl yelled pushing us all out of the way. All I could hear was Zack's screaming and the helicopter tipping. We all ran out just in time and I heard the big crash of the helicopter crashing down on everything. We were all out of breath. All I could think is 'poor Beth' Her boyfriend just died. How is she going to act? I felt so bad.

•••

I got out of the car and immediately saw Rick. He ran up and hugged me. I buried my head into his chest. "We lost Zack." I whispered. He took a deep breathe and continued to hold me. It has been a while since we have had any accidents.

I let go of Rick and I turn around to see Carl. He has grown so much. His hair is longer and he is taller.
"Sup bud." I said while ruffling his hair. He groaned and put his hair out of his face. We laughed.

"Michonne got me new comics. It's so cool." He said.

"Sounds great bud." I smiled as he turned and walked away. I walked over to Daryl with Rick behind me. "So how am I going to tell Beth?" I asked.

"I will." He said.
I nodded my head. "Thank you." I said. He nodded his head and put his crossbow over his shoulder.

I walked into the cell with Rick behind me. I asked about his day. He told me all about this girl he met in the woods that was starving with her husband. But once he got to the camp her husbands walker head was in a bag and she killed herself.

Looks like we both had a bad event filling day.

(Edited)