4 ➳ seven minutes, lovebirds

A/N: I think you guys are going to like this one ;) If you don't like strong language or dirty chapters then I strongly suggest you skip this though.

Also please leave lots of comments my words get lonely all by themselves xo

  MACKENZIE ZIEGLER

Maisy Stella's end of year party was a must-attend. A, because there were no parents to be seen, B, because her house was like a fucking mansion, and C, because there was a shit-ton of alcohol. This year, I was so ready for the party. So ready.

The year had dragged on endlessly for me. Barely passing, I struggled to keep my head above the water in every single aspect of my life. My home life was a wreck. My ass of a boyfriend was cheating on me. I failed just as many assessments as I passed, but none of it mattered anyway, because no one cared. I had no role model, no guy that was going to treat me like a princess, and a bunch of friends that I only had because they were just like me; lost. If I'm honest, this year had scared me shitless.

Who was I to become if I had no further guidance from the parents I once trusted? Would I ever be brave enough to dump Isaak and get over my fear of being alone? What had happened to the girl with the sharp, witty comebacks and determined, persevering attitude?

Who was I- really?

"Mackenzie!" My current best friend Annie slurred over the loud music. She grabbed both my hands in an attempt to persuade me to get on the dance floor, but I stood my ground, tall as a tree.

"No." I told her firmly; she liked to try and persuade me when she was drunk. "Isaak's fucking dancing in the corner and I'm pretending not to see him."

"You should dump his ass, Kenz." She told me seriously even though she could barely stand up straight in her heels. "You're way out of his league." Her eyes were wide.

"So I've been told." I smirked. I couldn't help it. Compliments were like drugs to me.

She leaned up and planted a big sloppy kiss on my cheek. Drunk Annie = an affectionate Annie.

"Anns!" I exclaimed annoyedly as she giggled with laughter and took off into the dancing mob again.

I grumbled to myself as I pushed through everyone in an attempt to get to the bathroom. Ashton said hi to me on the stairs, and Zane tried to start up a conversation in the hall, but I ignored them both. They just wanted to get in my pants and I sure as hell didn't need another Isaak on my mind.

I pushed the door open to the bathroom gingerly– at parties like this, you could never be sure you wouldn't find teenagers making out upon opening a door. Thankfully there wasn't, and I slipped inside and locked myself in.

I winced when I saw the lipstick mark Annie had left on my cheek. It looked like I'd been making out rather sloppily. With toilet paper and water I removed the stain and chucked the paper in the bin.

I then looked in the mirror. I wasn't wearing any makeup aside from winged eyeliner. My hair, long and dark, fell down my back sleekly because I had spent an hour straightening it. I wore a low-cut black dress that showed off my chest, and lacy red underwear. Stilettos completed my look. I didn't look like a girl who was being cheated on– I looked like I would be the one doing the cheating.

The past and current me seemed to blur and I blinked fast.

I found myself wondering– why did I try? Why did I spend hours this afternoon trying to decide what to wear and messing around with my hair when I've hardly been the life of the party tonight anyway? I mean so far, I've drank a solo cup of beer with my friends, had a wine outside with Annie and no shots at all. The old Mackenzie would have been the life of the party, chucking down shots till the room was dizzy and then making out with different boys till the sun came up again.