c h a p t e r | t h i r t e e n

{I'd wanna be felt by you, held by you,Feel the power of your hand on me}-h

Feel the power of your hand on me}
-h.

"So Texas" Hazel smiled laying down on the blanket, looking up at the stars "you gonna tell me all your deepest and darkest secrets?"

Jasper chuckled and lay next to her " I thought we'd start off with the moderately dark and not that deep before we delve that much."

"Boo you whore" Hazel snarked, rolling over to her side, her hand supporting her head as she looked at the beautiful blonde. Her heart beat a little fast her when he sent her a smirk "come on I wanna know all the gossip of the vampire world!"

Jasper reached forward and took her other hand that was resting on her stomach and interlinked their fingers, gently stroking her thumb with his.

"What do you wanna know darlin?" He asked bringing their fingers to his lips, kissing hers softly.

"Everything" she said a bit quieter "tell me everything about you."

"I was born in 1842, Houston, Texas" Jasper started, rolling onto his back pulling Hazel into his side. She smiled softly, resting her head between his shoulder and his neck, their hands still interlinked resting on his chest "I was born Jasper Whitlock. I had a small family, a younger sister and a mother a father. We weren't poor but we weren't rich either. I was 17 when I joined the confederate army"

"You were a confederate soldier?" Hazel asked quite shocked "but why?"

"At that time in my life, I thought what I was doing was right. Honourable even" Jasper scoffed gently "it took me a while to realise it wasn't."

"Sorry" Hazel mumbled "I interrupted, carry on." Jasper just smiled and held on a little tighter, but careful not to hurt the fragile human.

"In 2 short years I rose rank. I became the youngest major in the Texas Calvary" Jasper said quite proudly, then his voice changed in a darker tone "in 1863 I was helping evacuate women and children, when I came across them. They were like anything I had ever seen. The pale skin, the red eyes. My first meeting with immortals."

"The one who changed you?" Hazel asked quietly suddenly sensing where this was going, feeling a mixture of both apprehension, and happiness that Jasper was going to share this with her.

"Yes. The one who did, her name was Maria. She was with two others, Lucy and Nettie. I offered them my aid, to try and get them to leave. And that's when I was changed. Maria, she wanted a solider for her newborn army. To train them how to fight."

"A new born army?" Hazel asked sitting up. Jasper sat up next to her, rubbing her back. Hazel couldn't explain how comfortable she felt with Jasper, as if they were always just meant to be.