Chapter 24

Night came quickly but what to expect from the already existing darkness. The only source of light being the moon. We sat near a tree as  the dark of the forest seeking its claims. I have forgotten how dark this part of the realm really was, the witches cabins were lurked with evil witches until they were outcasted or even killed. I glanced that Vixton his crimson red orbs glowed, vampires hunt at night. After all a scared view of their victims would satisfy them at any chance they got.

The night wind blew rustling the leaves. I shiver from the lack of warmth, a nearly dry shirt.

Vixton pulled me closer to his chest yet it didn't make a difference for his body gave off a chill worse than the night air. I sat in discomfort for a while until it got warm over the second I sat there. My powers scared me even more, I forgot how unstable it could be; the elders had a right to keep it hidden.

I mentally shudder at my thoughts but it didn't helped that dark seems to be getting even my dark. The moon light peak through the thick leaves as I exhale the warm breath to be apart of the air. I felt the warmth touth my ear, blowing down my neck it felt comforting yet it caused me to blush.

"Cleo" his voice a soft whispered greet  my ear "it'll end soon", he said as he pulls me even more closer to his chest. I couldn't see his eyes but I felt the intense glare "I will make it end...for you...for us...for everyone" he said a promise clear on his tone.

Morning came just as fast as the night disappeared. A soft wind blew just then and its movement made the trees dance. I found out it would take days before we reach where we were going. Vixton would teleport us there but he's injured. He barely drinks blood the living vessel of his being he refuses to take any from me.

I sat near the falls as small critters ran by playing in the peaceful sun's glow. The waterfall glowed as well, the streams becoming a rhythm. Vixton stood near the cliff looking over the horizon.

It didn't seem that any harm or danger was among us. The peace of this Beautiful place came as a surprise to me, seemingly the horror of what is happening didn't exist.

With a sigh on my breath the wind began to blow harder than before, it took us by surprise the soaring wind capture all in its sight. It was a miracle as we weren't flying like the trees in tow.

Vixton held my hand tight whispers of words under his keep us steady. It only came to mind that only one person could do this, his evil form coming through the whirling wind "I think your journey ends here" his voice a disturbing thunder as it claims its presence in its rise. 

Vixton began to hold my hand tighter, his stance one of a promise to attack "give it up boy your outmatch" just as he said that the wind became still, men stood in the trees but that didn't get my attention the figure of the bastard who I came face to face withstood proudly beside the evil man his face one of emotionless.

His eyes caught mine the present of a smirk appears on his thin lips but one of a challenge as if taunting me.

Anger came to me thus fast. A vixen came forward her eyes looking longingly on Vixton but the Vampire stop her movement giving the vixen a look of warning, yeah keep your pet at bay.

She only smiles running her tongue over the blade in her hand. I wanted to rip that off her face while she shallow her tongue. Vixton seems to be more angry in his stance. "See Why don't you hand her over, so it can end quickly", cutting my observation short the vampire king said the look of fake kindness crosses his face. He wasn't fooling anyone.

Vixton held my hand tighter in his grasp while standing in front of me his green eyes holding the sharpness of anger "over my dead body, old man" the only thing that was missing was the steam of anger.

Although injured he stood tall not showing weakness "suit yourself you were always a disgrace" his voice holding no room for argument but as soon as those words came men began to form closing in front of them as they fall back.

The sight wasn't good, two against a million or even a billion.

My powers are at fault as I don't know how to master it but I can't let Vixton fight alone this is my duty to him, my people and also to the realms.

"Queen Cleo" I heard it a voice I didn't once think I would hear again. His familiar smile greets me as he stood before the men. "Pleasure we could meet like this" he spoke with a man on his belly as he short frame began to move sideways.

"Duke Lucas" I faintly said before I watch as the stork of a arrow fly out of him to me but I caught the arrow. The sickly fall of his body meet my eyes as the darkness himself smirk evilly before disappearing in the crowd of men.

I felt no remorse only angered aimed at the one who cause this all.