Enemy Love (Chapter 17)

Chapter 17

Ileana

At the moment, I wasn’t sure whether I was more worried or more annoyed. I was worried about Isis-more now than normal- and I was annoyed at the reason why I was worried. The whole situation should never have developed in the first place.

I was also pissed that I started acting like I was forgiving Quinn yesterday. He knew who Isidore really was and he never told me, even when I knew that they were hiding something. If we just would have known…. No, I don’t think that it would have changed anything. I don’t think that Isis could ever forgive him for what they did when they were younger. I wasn’t even sure that I could ever look at him the same way again and I wasn’t the one in love with him.

I could tell that she really was in love with him otherwise she wouldn’t be in so much pain. She was trying to kill herself to ignore that pain. I’ve never been a violent person but I just about felt ready to kill Isidore for what he was putting Isis through more than what he did when they were little.

I sighed and forced myself out of bed and into the shower. My mind kept wondering back to yesterday when I broke down in Quinn’s arms. I gritted my teeth on a wave of anger. I wanted to stay mad at him… but I couldn’t. I had to constantly keep reminding myself to be mad at him, that wasn’t a good thing. It probably would have been easier if he didn’t keep saying that he loved me. I was still trying to come to terms with that, I just couldn’t imagine that anyone but Isis could have that feeling for me and Isis’s was only the family kind.

When I got done in the bathroom, I tried to think of ways to get Isis to stop… brooding wasn’t the right word, it wasn’t strong enough, but it was the only word that I could thinking of to describe what she had been doing. After ten minutes of coming up with nothing, I just decided to wing it. Now all I had to do was find Isis. It was surprised to find her still in her room. I knocked quietly, there was no answer.

“Iz,” I called through Isis’s door, “it’s eleven, time to get up.”

“Go away!” she yelled.

I sighed. “Come on, Isis. Open up or else.”

There was a loud thunk like a shoe smacking the door. I took that for my answer. I walked back into my room and searched until I found a small flat-head screw driver then I walked back to her door and stuck in the lock, a few seconds later I was opening the door. There was a shoe on the floor, telling me that I was right about what she threw and Isis was laying face down in the bed. Not moving.

I walked over and sat down on the edge of the bed, running my hand over her hair. “You going to stay in here all day?” I asked her quietly.

She took a deep sigh. “I don’t know,” she mumbled, then a few seconds later, “do you want anything to eat?”

I blinked in surprise. “Uh, yeah sure. Are you sure that you are up to it?”

“Yeah,” she said as she got up and pulled on a large sweater and walked quickly out of the room.

“What do you want?”

I followed her downstairs after a shocked second. “Pancakes.” That was the first thing that I could think of.

She didn’t look at me as she moved around the kitchen and I gave her her space. “Kay,” she said quietly.

“Isis, you know that you talk to me, right? About anything, at any time.”

“I know. But there is nothing to talk about.”

So she says, I thought, but didn’t say anything, if she wanted to keep her emotions all bottled up inside then she was entitled to. “Do you ever plan on doing anything with your cooking?”