13

WARNING HARSH SCENES SUGGESTED

Things change, it happens, but change too fast can be deadly. If winter comes too soon, the leaves on trees will die, causing us to miss the way they beautifully change from green to orange; instead, they will turn straight to brown. Leaves have to change slowly over time.
Kind of like us. We have to evolve to changes around us slowly, or we would die. Oddly enough, I had to change after I died, I did it slowly, and yet here I am quickly switching back to my old self. I want so desperately to blindly trust Decker. To love him in the way I loved Jacob, giving every piece of loving him desperately and obsessively, in the most unhealthy way, the way that kills everyone in the end.

I know I can't do that, blindly trusting someone killed me the first time, I'll be damned if it happens a second.

"Why are you glaring at the eggs?" I jump at Colt's voice; it brings me back to the kitchen, I move my gaze from the scrambled eggs in the pan to Colt, who is standing in the entryway of the kitchen. Its morning, we are planning on leaving soon after everyone has eaten and gotten ready.

"I'm not," I say, still scrambling to return to earth from having my head in the clouds.

"Oh, well, I've been thinking, I think I have this whole soul thing figured out." Colt starts excitedly as he comes up to me. I raise a brow at his eagerness.

I didn't even think anyone believed the crazy woman. Though I humor Colt as I nod my head for him to continue.

"Okay, so Navi and Annie are the two souls, they are sisters, we know this. And we know Annie's soul is your soul, so you're the same person. We don't exactly know who else you have been, and we don't know who else Navi was, but I think I have figured it out." I tilt my head at Colts's assumptions as I stir my eggs.

"Okay, humor me."

"So Navi has a terrible life aking with a terrible ending, right? Which isn't rare for queens. Though Navi didn't last long as queen, so I did research and guess who had a terrible life and never even got to be queen?" Colt asks in excitement, and I raise my eyebrows before shrugging my shoulders.

"Who?"

"Zerro! She died tragically and never got to be queen; she is the only queen in werewolf history that never got to be. So I started digging in other kingdom's history, and I found another girl with a similar tragedy." I tilt my head while grabbing the pan and dumping the eggs on a plate. I am wildly taken back at the amount of energy Colt has out into this. 

"Her name is Millie Day; she was from the human kingdom and was mostly human but had a little bit of fairy blood in her.  So she didn't have any powers, just the characteristics like her ears were pointed." Colt explains, and I nod my head as I take a bite of the scrambled eggs. 

"So she looked like a fairy but didn't have the powers? Now that is getting fucked, especially living with humans," I comment, shaking my head slightly. 

"Well, she was able to keep it hidden, she lived on a farm with her mother before catching the king's eye, he moves her to his palace but doesn't commit, It's written that at times people could see bruises on her. It is even believed that at one time the king slit her throat, luckily it wasn't deep enough to kill her." My eyes widen at Colt's words at what this girl went through, the saddest part, knowing no one was able to save her from the king.

"So the king ended up killing her?" I question, partially knowing the answer, he either killed her or she killed her self.

"Right before her seventeenth birthday he found out she was part fairy, he stabbed her 36 times, ended up breaking the knife inside her chest,"   I cringe at his words as I push my plate of eggs away, my appetite suddenly gone at the image of the sixteen-year-old being stabbed to death. 

"So my supposed soul sister always has a shitty life. What about me, in theory, how does my life go," I question feeling a smidge of sympathy for whoever these girls were. I stand and take my plate and dump its contents in the trash before washing it in the sink. 

"Well, we know for sure you were Annie and she had an amazing life considering, Her and James got married had kids, a boy named Nayvin and a girl named Bailey, Nayvin refuses to take the throne, so Annie continues to be queen until she turns 80 before forcing Nayvin to take the throne, Nayvin rules for a couple years before giving up the throne, his sister Bailey becomes part of the council. Annie and James live. Happily, they pass away due to natural causes twenty years later." My eyes widen at the fact of them getting away from the royal life; it isn't for everyone. "We also know for sure you are also Annie, so I dug up some more, and there is one other queen that was able to retire, Tyra. I believe you were Tyra." My eyes widen at his revelation. Impossible, all of this seems crazy and unlikely. Colt is putting way too much faith into the dragon lady. Not able to take any more of the far fetched idea, I shake my head.

"You are crazy; I am going to go get my bag so we can go." Colt laughs at me calling him crazy as I walk out the kitchen and up the stairs, I run into Decker who hands me my bag. 

"Here, Sin, I went ahead and grabbed it while I was up there." I take the bag and shiver slightly as our fingers graze across each other, causing tiny sparks to climb up my arm. 

"Thank you, Decker," I state as I turn around and head back down, my face is flustered as I recall the events of last night. With the tension in the air, I am sure he is thinking about it too. I spot Destiny and Colt waiting at the front door, Backpacks on their shoulders ready to go. Without a word, as if they taste the tension, we walk out. They shift as we hit the tree line, and we take off, the trees becoming a blur around us. 

********

 Suddenly it catches my eyes; right in front of me, a line of black, dread fills me as I slow to a stop and look at the line that is part of a circle of black roses. The others stop with me, but Destiny is the first to shift, "What is the hold-up," She throws the question at me full force, and I glare at her slightly before looking back at the roses. 

"We need to go around this circle." that is all I share, not wanting to get into the grizzly details of why the sight of the roses makes me physically ill. Part of my past lay behind those roses; it is a part I want to stay far away. 

"What? Hell, no, it looks like it's two miles, we will go straight through." Destiny argues, and I shake my head, trying to come up with a lame excuse. I didn't want them to know, I could not handle the questions or the pity looks. My hands shake lightly, and I smooth down my eyebrow as I look at the roses.

"Rogues come through here a lot." I instantly want to stab myself at the dumb ass lie that leaves me. I look to Destiny, who rolls her eyes while crossing her arms. I feel a hand on my shoulder, by the sparks dancing on my shoulder, I know who exactly it is. I turn and spot Decker; he gives me a comforting smile. The butterflies I usually would feel are canceled out by the dread quickly taking over my body. 

"We can take them Sin, it's okay," At the sign of the defeat of my lie, I stiffly nod, Decker and Destiny, shift back, and we run over the roses, and I instantly feel the pull in my chest as dread fills me. 

My body is connected to this circle but not in the right way.  I seem to automatically slow down as I spot the ring of dead leaves, past the fallen, dead leaves is nothing but dirt. As I step into the soil everything slows down, and I feel my heart kickstart as it beats quicky, my lungs fill with air after a year of not being able to breathe, Flashbacks of that day seem to trample my mind and like that my heart stops as the rest of my organs, my legs become numb, and I feel myself fall, I hit the ground hard. I hear a surprised bark before a high pitch ringing takes over. I lay on the ground motionless, everything a blur.

Then nothing at all. 

******* 

its been a while since ive left you on a cliff hanger I think, so i figured you guys woould looooooove a cliff hanger!

any way thoughts?

Theories? 

dont forget to vote comment and follow!