CHAPTER 1

Nyla P.O.V
Getting out of school, I went to go pick up my son. Yes I have a 4 year old son. It's a long story because he wasn't planned, but I would not trade him for the world. I was only 19 when I had Benjamin. I was so young when the accident happened, but a great outcome was the only good thing. I stay to myself now because I can't really trust anyone. I mainly focus on myself, my son, and my career. I'm really quiet with everyone because of my fear of getting hurt again. I just got of my last class of the day. While sitting in my car, I thought about finally getting to rest this weekend. Speaking of this weekend I need to go grocery shopping and get Benji some new school clothes. Putting my seatbelt on, I drove out of the parking garage and to my older sister's house. She was watching Benji until I get off since she works from home. I went through a list of stuff I needed done by the end of Sunday.
Arriving to my sister house. I get out and rung the doorbell.
"Coming" I heard behind the mahogany doors.
As she open the door her big ass dog came running out. I moved so fast I scared my own damn self. I wanted to kick that dog so bad in the leg.
Rachael busted out laughing.
"Nyla, You is too damn old to still be scared of a damn dog" she said while leaning on the door frame.
I don't find shit funny because getting bit in the ass as a child is not funny. When I was about 7 or 8 our papa had this dog and I remember trying to ride the dog like a damn idiot. Not knowing dogs are NOT horses. And that mutt made sure I learned my lesson.
"For one ma'am get This thing away from me" I said shooing the dog away from licking my hand.
"Where is my child?" I also asked walking behind her and closing the door behind me.
"Right here mommy." Benjamin said running down the stairs.
I just watch him low key wishing he would slightly trip cause I told him multiple times to not run down stairs.
"Benji, baby stop running. How many times do I have to say that?" I said while fixing his Tim's.
"1 time mommy. I'm sorry" benji said while smushing my face together and giving me a kiss on both cheeks.
He is such a heartbreaker.
I grabbed his school bag and his lunch pack. Walking in the kitchen I seen Rachael husband and my brother in-law, Antonio, sitting at the bar table.
I just walked pass him. I not speaking to him because he owes me 50$ and I still haven't seen my shit.
"Damn Nunu you not gonna speak?" I just looked at him like nigga where is my money.
Smacking his teeth he begun to dig in his pockets.
Slamming a 50 on the table ,"here damn happy?"
"Peachy" I replied.
I walked around the kitchen opening every pot I see. I do this at every one of my family members house. Why? Because I'm the youngest. I really have no reason it's just a habit I picked up when I was young. My Mona tells me all the time I use to touch shit I wasn't suppose to be touching, and I gave no fucks.
Getting ready to go I gave everyone a hug and promise Rachael we can get our nails done this weekend.
Buckling Benjamin in his seat I set off to the grocery store. After getting the groceries, I stopped by the house and dropped them off. After that I headed to the local barbershop to get Benjamin hair cut and braided.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gregory P.O.V
"Damn nigga where is my comb" tommy yelled.
He lucky he my brother cause I would have been slapped him.
I own this shop It took me a while to get the money for it working a 9 to 5 most my life. I was never the one to sell drugs. I always wanted to do things the right way. I even didn't want my parents to pay. I don't know it's something about buying my own stuff.
"Hey Gregory can I get 2 dollars" Tommy asked.
"Will you leave me alone?" I asked.
I'm real tired of this nigga talking. I don't really talk to anyone. I know, I own a barbershop and I don't really talk. Yea welp that's life.
" no, not really."
"Then no"
"See that's your problem. I try to be nice, but it's like I'm not your brother."
I just looked at him. I looked up when I heard the chime of the bell ring meaning someone walked in. And what walked in shut everyone up.

She was beautiful

She was beautiful. She walked up and talked to David up front. She looked uncomfortable talking to him. Something in me had to go talk to her. So I got up out of my chair and walked over there. Standing next to her I notice she couldn't be any taller than 5'0 which is a big difference to my 6'2 frame. I also notice a little boy who couldn't be no older than 4.
"David I got it" I Heard a bunch of gasps. I rolled my eyes. These dramatic ass niggas.
The girl turned around and looked up at me. She looked a bit scared. I wonder why.
"What can I do for you ma'am?" I asked while looking in her eyes. It's something about them I just could not stop staring.
"um yea. Um I wanted to know if y'all take walk ins?" She said in the most quietest voice.
I almost had to bend down a little more.
"You actually have to make an appointment, but I can do a walk in this one time for you."
I heard a bunch of shock voices in the back ground. Shit I'm shocked my damn self. Everyone in the town of Baltimore knows we don't do no walk ins. But it's something about her.
"Are you sure y'all look kind of busy?"
"We not" Tommy yelled across the room. Making everyone yell and the young lady to look down. And me to look at these damn fools.
"I'm sure. I can actually take you over there"
"Ok. Thank you"
Just nodding my head at her I walked her to my station. I know she felt a little out of place because there was only males in the room and they was staring. Hell they was making me uncomfortable.
Getting to my station I begun to turn the light on.
"Ok what you getting?"
"Oh not for me, for him" she chucked while pointing at the little boy who was touch everything he can reach.
"Stop that benji. Come on"
She told him while picking him up and putting him in the chair in front of me.
"Mommy can we get Wendy's after"
"No baby. Mommy made spaghetti earlier, remember?" She asked him while rubbing his curls out of his face.
All he did was shake his head. And looked back down at the phone she gave him earlier when she put him in the chair.
"What would you like me to do to him"
She must of forgot we was here because her head snapped up I fear.
"Oh um can you twist his hair into some braids and a trim I think"
"A fade?" I asked while smirking.
"Yea that" she said looking down.
Why she keep doing that? Nodding my head I started on the boy hair.
"What's your name little man?"
"Benjamin carter, but you can call me Benji. What yours?"
"Gregory, but you can call me Greg"
"Really!?"
Nodding I looked up to find little lady looking at us.
"What can we call you?" I asked her.
Trying to make her feel comfortable and add her to the conversation.
"Nunu"
She said simply.
"LIKE ATL NUNU?"
Tommy yelled. I forgot others was in here. I looked up to see everyone with a smirk on their face either looking at me, nunu, or others.
These niggas better leave me alone.
"Yes"
Ok so she made the wrong move. For one we all can see she is a one word answer type of person, but Tommy is here so he gonna make her talk. Trust me he do it to me all the time.
"What is your whole name?"
He asked her. She just shrugged and looked back at Benji. She not much a talker like me.
"Tommy leave her alone. You want any design?"
"Um no. Benji any design this time?"
"No mommy. Can I get 3 braids not 2"
He asked while holding up a 3 and a 2.
"I don't know baby ask"
She said looking up at me slyly while tying Benji's shoes.
"3 or 2 braid sir?"
"3 please"
Nodding I got to work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nyla P.O.V
Gregory I believe just got done with Benji's hair and I gotta say my child look so good.

Helping him down I put mine and his jacket back on

Helping him down I put mine and his jacket back on. While putting his durag on his head. I gotta protect it now cause I knows he is going to sleep as soon as he get in the car.
"Thank you. Benjamin say thank you"
"THANK YOUUU"
"Your welcome."
"How much I owe you"
I ask him while pulling my wallet out my bag.
"15 is fine"
"Ok here isss 15, and here is 20 as tip"
"Oh no ma'am that is to much as a tip"
"No please take it after all you did take us even though y'all don't do walk ins"
I said smiling at him and everyone else who looked very shocked.
"You sure?"
"Positive" I said grabbing Benji hand and walking out the shop while saying good bye.
Getting in the car I drove back home ready to lay down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gregory P.O.V
"Damnnnnn she is bad"
Tommy said getting up patting my back.
"I never seen you take a walk in and or talk so damn much in my life. And we was raised together"
"I don't know man I felt something"
"IS THIS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT"
"Get the hell off me"
I laughed with him. I don't know. Is it love at first sight?