The Reunion

*You guys wanted an update and I got you an update... mostly smut*

Several years have passed, Bumi returns to his mother's side, and stays with her as she slowly caves within herself, becoming a shell of a person that she no longer recognises.

One day, Bumi walks through the front door with a mix of emotions on his face.

"The Fire Nation is here," He says, Katara looks up to her son and then rushes outside.

A fleet of Fire Nation ships are pulling into the port, one, in particular, stands out from all the others.

"Zuko," Katara breathes, her soul alighting with fire.

"Katara," Aang says, suddenly appearing behind his wife and putting his hands on her shoulder, "Fire Lord Zuko has come to negotiate trading with Chief Sokka. During this time, you will stay home, you will not leave, is that clear?"

Katara's fire travels from her soul to her eyes, but she complies, returning to the inside of the house with Bumi.

Aang is filled with a toxic possessiveness, he bends earth from deep down under the ice and uses it to bar the windows and doors of his home, sealing Katara away from the Fire Lord.

"Mum, why are you still staying?" Bumi asks, his eyes filled with hurt, "You don't have to stick around for us anymore, Kya and I are fine, and Tenzin has his island with Dad. You're not happy here."

Katara looks to her son, she watches in horror as he grabs an axe from his room and starts hacking at the floor of their home, breaking through the timber and reaching the ice below.

"Go to him," Bumi pushes, "It's time for you to do what you want with your life."

Katara looks to her son with tears in her eyes, she embraces him and holds him tightly, her heart racing at the thought of freedom, of love.

Bumi then hands Katara a pair of hairpins, he presses them into her palm.

"I found them before he could," Bumi says, "Figured you'd need them one day."

Katara is overjoyed, her son brings her great happiness and just the sight of the pins is enough to push the fire in her soul to a raging burn.

Katara channels all of her emotions to her hands, as she exhales the ice shifts beneath the house, with one swift move, the rocks encasing the front door are shattered like glass.

Before they part ways, Katara says goodbye to her son kissing him on the cheek before racing across the ice, her heart leading her towards the one she desires most.

"Zuko!" Katara calls when she sees the Fire Lord standing outside of Sokka's hut.

"Kat?!" Zuko gapes, his eyes wide and his heart racing.

The pair haven't seen each other for almost a decade, they don't think of avatars and consequences, Katara runs into Zuko's arms and the pair collide like stars, causing an explosion of love to burst forth and consume them.

Katara feels Aang before he speaks, she looks over her shoulder and finds the avatar with glowing white eyes, charging towards them with the fury of an elephant-bull.

"I want a divorce, Aang," she says, holding her ground against the powerful being.

Aang stops in his tracks, his face twisted in terror and rage.

"I'm done being 'yours'," Katara continues, she stares down the avatar and watches as his light goes out, "I'm done doing whatever you want me to do. I'm done with being your trophy that you keep locked away."