Chapter 9

Kat’s POV

 I woke up in a small damp room. I was lying on the cold hard ground, lights flickered above me, and blood trickled down the side of my face. Bruises covered my arms and legs. I tried to raise myself to a sitting position but feel back down, I was weak, too weak.

 Creak! The door on the opposite side of the room opened and in walked the man with the well-groomed hair. I did my best to move as far away from him as possible but, since I was so weak, I stayed where I was. He walked over and knelt down next to me. I stared at the ground avoiding his gaze. He grabbed my face in his hand and forced me to look at him.

“Ok, we can do this the easy way, or we can do this the hard way,” he said, “  “Oh, and we have been formally introduced, I’m Moriarty. I’m surprised you don’t know me based around our past, well, your father’s and mine.”

 “My fathers not gay so I don’t know what your implying” I stated.

“Oh, no honey, I wish that your father and I were a couple,” he laughed, “but no that’s not our past. He never told you about the day we both did the impossible? The day we defeated death?"

 Wait. What? He is Jim? Jim M.? This is the guy I've only heard stories about, the man that haunted my families dreams. This is the man that dated my mother just to get near Sherlock, the one who talked my father into committing suicide? The man who faked his own death the same day, and caused chaos throughout London? This is the man who killed my mother?

 “Jim,” I said in the sweetest yet sarcastic voice I could, “it’s so not a pleasure to meet you” Moriarty chuckled.

“Oh, but darling I’m so pleased to meet you! The daughter of Sherlock Holmes. Now, like I said, we can do this the easy or the hard way. Now, tell me everything about your father”

“Why would I want to do that?”

“Because if you don’t, I’m afraid more bruises will be added to you dear little collection you got yourself there,” said Jim pointing to my arm. I looked at my arm and instantly remembered what it felt like when I first woke up. I needed to stay strong, for Sherlock’s sake, and for my own. But, I couldn’t, this man could kill me at any moment. I looked Jim in the eye and sighed.

“What is that you want to know?”

Author's Note-

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what do you think? Sorry for the shorter chapters I've been putting up lately, I promise I'll write a longer chapter for you. Thanks for reading! (: