8. Police.

Text: "Salim, now you can rest of getting me a boyfriend lol...he asked me out and I said yes and yes we kissed too. I can't wait to do more. Call me back"

Man: Bro see, I picked this phone on the way here..it looks new and actually not locked with any passcode.

Man2: You always getting stuff on the street. Has anyone called it since you got it?

Man1: No one did yet. I just picked it I said...

Man2: Well then go through the contact list, or pictures probably. You might know the owner hence it dropped around here.

Man1: That's true.....I think I know this guy. Looks like that boy in Uni..the one that leaves around the mosque...you know him.

Man2: Who? Salim?

Man1: Yes him...the one person you never liked.

Man2: Trash the phone or probably sell it....

Man1: That's unfair bro. I will just give it to him. Why don't you like him anyway?

Man2: I don't know man. But there's just something about him that doesn't seem good. And I just don't like. That of which I don't know, but I just can't digest him for real.

Man1: Well that's your issue with him?

Man: Wait! Go to his inbox. Either WhatsApp or text message. Just get there...give it to me

Man1: What are you going to look for?

Man2: GREAT!!!!!! Here it is I was always sure that there is something I don't trust about that guy. See this first text, and it came exactly they time you picked it up. Just read this nonsense...

Text: "Salim, now you can rest of getting me a boyfriend lol...he asked me out and I said yes and yes we kissed too. I can't wait to do more. Call me back"

Man1: The text is from Naz.

Naz is the same guy he moves with. Ok, to understand this Naz is gay then. And the reason he is telling Salim is they are both into this disgusting act.

Man2. Fucking correct! That is it. This boys are homosexuals and they've always been....

Man1: Actually, I think you should just let it be. What are you going to with the phone?

Man2: What else? Give it to the police of cause. I may be too gentle to get them à mob justice but will surely get them arrested. There will be no homo in this area or the Uni.

Man1: No bro, you don't have to do that. Just let them be, I mean they don't affect you right?

Man2. Don't make me think you are homosexual too! Are you coming with me or what?

Man1: No. you go...I am fine

Man2. Whatever man!

Naz.

It's been 30 min since I text Salim and he's still haven't replied yet. Tried calling him too but he won't pick. And there's no way he be sleeping by now. I decided to fix myself something to eat when my phone started ringing and it was Salim's mom.

Naz: Hello greetings Ma

Salim: Bro it's me. Am using my moms phone. I think I dropped my phone and I can't reach it now. Been searching everywhere for it.

Naz: Me knowing Salims phone never had a passcode was now scared as hell. What if someone gets it and gets to see my text. Again my name is saved exactly like I spell it in his phone.
Bro did you get it a passcode before you lost it?

Salim: No. you know I don't like passcodes. I can easily forget them but it's fine. If I did not get it I will....

Naz: No it's not fine man! See I sent you a text telling you that Max came over and we started dating. What if someone gets it and reads my text? What's going to happen?

Salim: Oh shit. That really bad bro. Well I hope no one gets it. Relax man maybe no one will get it.

Naz: how could you say that? You just said you can't reach it. Besides who will pick a phone in this 21st century and doesn't go through it? It's so obvious.
Let me call you back..I am getting Eli's call coming in please.

Eli: Naz, wherever you are, with Salim, you have to hide somewhere secure or just get lost!

My brother that works at the police station called me saying they picked Salims phone and they saw your text regarding a man you are dating. You better get lost they will be coming to your house anytime from now.

Naz: (Tears started rolling down my cheeks for I was shocked! That day more than any other day. Because I know there's no hiding place for homosexuals in this country. As small as it is, that's how people's reactions are hostile towards gays. This Is the end for me. It all ends here!!!!)Thank you Eli and thanks for everything.

Eli: Naz you don't have anytime. And don't give up on anything for them to find you so easily. Get lost Naz and go with Salim. Bye

Naz: I continued crying whiles I called Salim's mom number and he picked.

Salim: Bro what did Eli say?

Naz: Salim they've found out about the text and the phone is at the station. Packed up let's get lost. To anywhere we can let's just go away.

Salim: What?? No that's crazy. Where will we go to? We've never been out of this country? Where do we go to Naz?

Naz: I don't know Salim but we have to go right now. I have some cash with me and I have my ATM card too.
Come with yours and don't bother packing. Meet me by the gym at the end of the street.

I immediately called a guy I know that worked at the bus station and asked if there's any transportation available right now to leave for the neighboring country. Luckily there was and I left home.

I left home knowing this might be the last time I will ever see it. I left home not saying a word to my mom, I left home not looking back for right now, My life and future is at stake here. And I am not going to risk that. If this country don't need me, the world needs me and so I will survive.

I met up with Salim at the gym and he looks so frustrated and so I was. But right now, one of us just have to be strong. We need to fix this ourselves.

We used the back way and went straight to the bus station where we got a bus to our destination. It was expensive for the two of us and knowing we won't have enough money left before the end of the day, we really have no choice. God will take care of us. He won't abandon us. The scriptures did teach us that God Loves you no matter what you do. So I believe we will never be left alone. He will be with us!

I hope you like the chapter? Not something I enjoy writing about, but these words should come out😭.
Stay with me for more.