[Pt. 1] -03- 🎶 Last Forever

"Darling, nobody said that it would last forever. That doesn't mean we didn't try to get there. I never said that we would die together. That doesn't mean it was a lie, remember. Nobody said that it would last forever."
~Lewis Capaldi, 'Forever'

~~~

*Jimin's POV*

"It's time for my mandated military service."

"What?!" Our group broke into a commotion at the shocking news. Everyone was frantically asking what was going on, why did he have to leave now, etc.

Everyone, except for Namjoon.

He sat there silently, eyes locked on Jin's face. Jin continued to look down at the table, avoiding eye contact with the rest of us.

"Boys, please," Sejin spoke up. "Try to calm down and we'll answer your questions one at a time."

"Why now?" Taehyung questioned. "Our group still has plenty of events lined up. We can't do them without Jin-hyung." The rest of us nodded in agreement.

"I'm twenty-eight now," Jin stated quietly. "I've already postponed my enlistment as long as I could. I feel grateful that I was given this long before having to serve, but I can't ask to be overlooked just because I'm an Idol. It's not fair to the rest of the men in this country who have to leave their families and friends for their service."

"Hyung..." I said softly. I reached across the table and placed my hand over his, giving his hand a comforting squeeze. Jin raised his head and gave me a small smile.

We were all silent for a minute before Jungkook asked the question that was on all of our minds.

"What does this mean for BTS?" Our gazes turned to Mr. Bang as we awaited his response. How were we going to continue without Jin? We're not BTS without him.

"Well," Mr. Bang took a deep breath. "We do have a few options. BTS could continue to perform with the six of you. We could look into adding another member if you're worried about having to change the choreography to accommodate for six dancers instead of seven."

My eyes widened at that. A new member? The seven of us have been together for so long; how are we supposed to adjust to a new member? What would happen when Jin came back? Would the new member be kicked out, or would we then be a group of eight?

"No." My head snapped to Namjoon as he finally spoke up. "BTS isn't just a music group. We're a family. We don't replace family," Joon spat.

"Joon..." Jin started softly, a slight blush rising to his cheeks as he continued to stare at the table.

"No, Joon is right," Hoseok piped in. "We're not BTS if it's not all of us. It wouldn't feel right."

Hoseok looked around the table at the rest of us. We exchanged glances before turning to Mr. Bang and nodding our heads in agreement.

Mr. Bang let out a deep sigh. "I had a feeling you all might feel that way. Our other option is to announce that BTS will be going on a hiatus so you can fulfill your military requirements."

"All of us?" Taehyung asked, confused. Mr. Bang nodded.

"Yoongi is close in age to Jin, with Namjoon not far behind them. You are all at the age where you would be expected to serve. I think it would be wise of you all to complete your two-year requirements at the same time. That way, we don't have to worry about taking another hiatus later when another member has to leave for service," Mr. Bang explained.