Fear Me - 32

Zayn's P.O.V

12:17 am

I got in bed alongside Harry, who, unlike always, moved away from me. I furrowed my eyebrows, reaching out for his hand, stopping when I noticed something clenched in it.

"What's that, Haz?" I motioned to the paper.

Harry threw the small piece of paper on the bed without looking at me. The paper was crumbled up because of how tightly he was holding it. I opened up the ball of paper, seeing words messily written in black ink.

"Looks like you enjoyed your little date night, you faggot!
- Yours lovingly,
Blake, The Vipers."

My breath hitched in my throat as I repeatedly read the note. How does he know? Who told him? What will he do about it? What if he tells everyone that I was on a date with a guy?

I tried to calm down by telling myself that Blake had no proof that I was dating anyone. As if Harry read my mind, he opened his drawer and handed a picture to me, which showed me and Niall holding hands in a restaurant.

Realisation hit me that if this picture got on the streets, my reputation would be destroyed. I'd be made fun of, and nobody would take me seriously anymore.

In the alleys, gay men in particular are seen as weak men. They associate sexuality with masculinity, in which they'd make me a joke amongst the gangs. And the Bulls were powerful enough to do that.

"So, do you like boys or not?" Harry said, finally turning around to look at me.

I stared at him in disbelief, raising an eyebrow in the hopes that he'd get it, but of course, he's Harry Styles.

"I've literally kissed you twice, Harry." I facepalmed, then pointing at the picture in my hand. "How much more obvious can it get?"

"You like guys?! I thought you were just messing around with me!" Harry exclaimed, suddenly getting a little too excited.

"Please tell me you're not that oblivious, Harry." I groaned.

He seemed to think for a moment, looking like he was trying to add up the pieces.

"Whoa." Harry whispered. "Whoa!" He jumped up.

"What?" I asked monotonously.

It took him a moment to process how weird it was for him to be this happy on me coming out to him. I thought he would've realised it for a long time now, but again, he's Harry Styles.

"Sorry. I got a little... enthusiastic." He mumbled as he sank back into the bed.

I hummed, lying down on my stomach as Harry mirrored my actions.

"Where'd you get these?" I held the picture and note up.

"They were taped to the balcony door." He said, pointing to it.

"Seems like it's pretty easy for them to get into our house." I murmured.

"That makes me feel super safe, Zayn." Harry rolled his eyes, trying to act tough but I knew him better.

"This could destroy me, Harry." I admitted.

I don't know what it was about Harry, but I felt like I could tell him anything about me, without worrying about him judging me for it. He was the only one who knew about my 'job', other than the people that were directly involved in it.

"Destroy you? How?" He questioned, before acting like he understood exactly what I meant. "Oh! You mean that Dad and Mum might find out? You don't need to worry about them, Zayn. I won't let them know. And Doniya? She'll be pretty chill about it too. But, if you're still worried, I could straight up burn the picture and note, so see? You've got nothing to worry about." He shrugged.

"Why're you so dumb, Harold?" I huffed.

"Hey! I'm not dumb. My IQ is just too high for you to understand." He said, smugly.

"I meant in the gang."

"Oh..." He pursed his lips.

"Everyone would hate me, even my friends. Louis and Liam. They'd be disgusted by it."

"If they're really your friends, they should understand. I used to think that anything other than heterosexuality was all in the mind, like it was simply a mental illness. And I know it sounds like my brain is in some messed up state but, all it took for me to change my mind was a small conversation with Mum."

"But, you're different, Harry. You're not like everyone else." I confessed, under my breath.

Looking to my left, I saw Harry staring at me with a blush spread across his cheeks. I looked into his eyes, which were, well... watering.

"Oh God. Please don't tell me you're gonna start crying now." I basically begged, rubbing the bridge of my nose.

I was horrible at dealing with crying people. When I tried to make them feel better, it usually ended in them crying even more and then storming off.

Let's face it, I'm not good at dealing with emotions.

"Help." Harry breathed, fanning himself with his left hand. "I'm sorry, I just love getting complimented."

I couldn't help but laugh at him. He was a dumbass with way too many emotions, but I guess I kind of found it cute.

Stop. He's your stepbrother. You don't catch feelings for your stepbrother. That never ends well.

"So, uhm- You were saying?" Harry asked me to continue, when he finally calmed down.

"What I was trying to say was that, Louis and Liam would never accept me, let alone the other guys."

"Why are you so concerned about what they think anyways? You liking guys won't change the fact that you're the leader of the gang and you could beat the shit out of any of them in seconds."

I thought about it for some time. He was right. All of them feared me, and they feared me for a reason.

~

Hey everyone :) I know this chapter is super short but I'm hopefully going to update with a longer one this week