viii.

im hungry

_

ix. senku's illogical mind

_

alt title > breaking down senku's feelings

_

love was illogical, senku knew that.

it made one think irrationally. all their actions are driven by their feelings, not by their mind, but solely on their heart.

it made one act irrationally.

senku told himself.

he knew he didn't love hamuko (yet). he didn't fully know who she was, even if they had been sort of living together for a year then.

even if they talked to each other everyday. even if they told each other about their past lives. their quirks. their likes and dislikes. all of those.

he had been told that when one was in love, their hearts would race everytime they are near to those they have a 'crush' on.

he had been told that their mind would often short-circuit, their stomachs would be filled with 'butterflies', their hands would get sweaty, and all of the information senku didn't care enough to know.

he didn't experience any of those.

he didn't.

"you know you're only lying to youself." a part of his mind says.

senku ignored the illogical part of his mind. even if he did harbored feelings the burgundy haired, he knew it didn't go as far as him loving her.

he hoped, anyways.

senku looked over to where taiju and yuzuriha slept, they were sleeping quite close to each other. it wasn't that hard to know they liked each other. had the whole petrification beam did not happen, he was sure they'd end up a couple.

the science enthusiast sat up and rubbed the back of his head. he couldn't sleep like this.

with the whole, 'finding out tsukasa is a murderer and he's after senku next', of course his thoughts weren't calm.

senku knew he was only bullshitting hjmself. he wasn't worried about himself. he wasn't even thinking about tsukasa.

he had his thoughts on the burgundy haired that he hasn't seen in a week now. a week or two.

he won't lie, he knew he missed her. he admitted it. he had gotten used to the girl's presence, and to suddenly have her gone was something he didn't like the thought of.

senku looked up to the sky, the stars were less on the night, and he couldn't help but feel like somehow, somewhere, hamuko was looking at the sky too.

he shook his head and grinned to himself. It wasn't him to be so cheesy and cliche. it wasn't like him to worry about such things.

he was confident enough in hamuko, and that was fine. senku knew she was a capable girl, after all, he had lived with her for a year or more, he didn't bother calculating all the times he's spent with her.

the boy leaned against a tree, crossing his arms and trying his best to sleep his thoughts off. he didn't want to think about any of this.

he was 10 billion percent sure that if he kept this up, he would eventually lose to his 'illogical' part and actually admit that he does like the burgundy haired girl, be it a little bit or a lot.

when senku felt himself not being able to sleep, he groaned loudly, pulling his hair slightly in frustration.

"senku-kun?"

said boy looked to yuzuriha, who woke ip from her spot next to taiju, rubbing her eyes to make it get used to the lack of light.

"why are you awake?" the girl asked senku.

senku could only shrug in response, averting his gaze away from the girl who looked like she would instantly tell what he was thinking about, looking past his lie.

"thinking about tsukasa. if he manages to catch us, then it'd be game over."

yuzuriha giggled, her eyes on taiju full of admiration.

"it isn't like you to be so worried, senku-kun. what happened to the senku-kun i know that was very confident in his abilities and everything around him?" yuzuriha questioned.

"i know that isn't what bothers you, senku-kun, but whatever it is, i know you'll be able to handle it." yuzuriha smiled. she laid back down, her eyes set on the sky.

senku's eyes widened, and he released a sigh of relief. of what, or why, he didn't know.

"go to sleep, yuzuriha. we should be able to get to the hot springs tomorrow." the leek haired boy told her.

he didn't receive any answer, indicating that the girl had fallen asleep right after she laid down.

"i can handle it.." senku breathed out. his smile widened, eyes shining with sudden determination.

"10 billion percent. i can handle it!"

_

edited a bit 👍👍

_

just a short one about senku. he doesn't exactly love hamu(.....yet), but he knows he has feelings for hamu! he lowkey just doesnt wanna admit it.

senku doesn't know much about love, so he's clearly confused about his feelings, its obviously all new to him.