Star crossed christians

My name is Meredith. Sister Meredith.
And I am in love with a nice Christian, Joseph.

The way he baptises woman like hes bathing a young infant shakes me to the very core.
The way he sings Gods songs of love in the middle of the night like he wrote them himself makes me light up like the lightbulb inside Gods head when he decided to create me.
The way he struts into the woods every night and doesn't come back to dawn makes me crave him like a pregnant woman.

Every night I watch Joseph from my window as he takes a new woman through the forrest but return with no one. I see him, strutting into the forest with a middle aged, black and curly haired woman. I quickly follow behind and I hear my future husband say "Are you ready Responsibility, to be with God, inside and out?"
"Yes Joseph, I'll always be ready.'
Slu-
Dear Heavenly Father, I apologise for thinking such a horrendous thought, please forgive me.

When they arrive to Baptist Creek I quickly gallop to a bush and peek slyly from above to watch them. Joseph lowers Responsibility into the creeks water, his delicate hands tightly over her throat. Funny, when I was baptised the priest held my back. Jealousy rises up my oesophagus . That should be me Jospeh is baptising, not Responsibility! I am supposed to have 27 children with him, not Responsibility!

Responsibility starts to thrash under water, but Joseph's grip on Responsibilities neck strengths as the veins on his forehead start to pop out. Then, all of a sudden, she goes limp. Joseph lets go of her neck and she floats slowly, down the river, face down.

For me? He killed Responsibility for me? She was never worthy of his love, but I will be.
I have the urge to be baptised by Jospeh, I want to show him that I am worthy of his love.

I leap out of the bush and into the creeks water, right behind Joseph. He turns around to the sound of my splash, his never shaven beard swishes me in the face and I get a taste of his sweat and the creeks water. This makes me crave him even more.Delicious.
'Jospeh, do it to me, baptise me, please!'

He doesn't even look me in the eyes. He must be in love with me. He lowers me fiercely into the water like our love and I can feel his presence, around, outside and inside
me. I start to feel faint and I gasp the water needing air. I open my eyes and I see the eyes of a lover above me. I pull Joseph under the water, we need to be together, forever.

We were baptised in the presence of Responsibility, and now, we belong to God.