Chapter 14 [rewritten]

Chapter 14; Officially Dating

Petra Ral was described as many things before. Her friends called her 'too kind for her own good', and she had even been told on multiple occasions that she was such a sweetheart. She was also described as an independent woman, ignoring misogynistic remarks to be the bigger person.

But a hopeless romantic? Never in her life would she had expected to refer to herself as such an adjective. But here she was, acting the way a hopeless romantic would in the household of the person she was head over heels for as she sat down at a dining table.

Her father was to join them as well, but he had too much of an important meeting that he had to cancel. He had offered for Petra to stay home as well, but she insisted on going.

She told her father is was so that they could discuss business.

But instead she found herself ogling at the man seated in front of her as he ate his food.

He groaned in frustration, making the girl snap back to reality to realize that she hadn't even touched her food and it was beginning to get cold. Not wanting it to seem like she disliked his meal, Petra began shoving forkfuls into her mouth.

"Where on earth is she?" Levi groaned.

He excused himself and stood up, walking into the kitchen as he made a phone call.

The first call went to voicemail, but the second time he was lucky, for the person had picked up.

"Hello?" A female voice asked.

"Mikasa, where the hell are you? I told you to be home for dinner." Levi chided in a hushed tone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! Eren and I are just stuck in traffic right now." Mikasa said, sounding genuinely apologetic.

Levi knew in any other circumstance he would've felt irritated, but for some unbeknownst reason to him, he wasn't as mad as he thought he'd be.

Maybe it was because he knew Mikasa was telling the truth, for there was the sound of honking and screeching tires coming from her end of the call, proving that she was, at least, on the road. Or maybe it was because he didn't mind being alone with Petra, since he had developed feelings for the girl.

He had only known her for a few weeks, but he could tell that the emotions he felt were true.

"Alright, alright. Just make it back before curfew." Levi said.

He hung up quickly, shuffling back to the dining table to see Petra drinking her water.

"Looks like it's just the two of us." Levi stated as he sat down, although Petra didn't mind.

"Your sister's busy?" Petra asked.

Levi shrugged. "More or less."

Petra smiled warmly at him. "Well, I've been wanting to talk to you myself anyways." She said.

Levi cocked a brow. "Is that so?"

"Yup."

"And what do you want to speak about?"

"I'm just wondering if you drink." Petra asked.

Levi shrugged. "On special occasions."

Petra smirked. "Then consider this special." After she spoke, she grabbed the paper bag she had entered with and pulled out two bottles of red wine. It was the priceless kind, the type Levi's always seen being sold at an outlandish sum. But here it was, displayed right in front of him.

"Holy shit. Where'd you buy that?" He asked as he gawked at it.

Petra giggled, stand up and leading herself into the kitchen. "My father... well... let's just say I know where his wine cabinet is." She spoke lightheartedly.